Ninja Gaiden pushed back to Feb./Mar. 2004

Franco Bash

Geese's Thug
Was at EB today and the Tecmo rep was there. Said that Ninja Gaiden will be delayed from Dec. to either late Feb. or early Mar. of next year. Sucks as this is the Xbox game I was really looking forward to, but, I guess it is to be expected going by Tecmo's recent track record with delaying games.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
thats pretty lame, seeing as this was the xboxes money title for this year.
not sure if there was anything else i wanted on the xbox for this year.

Freelancer

Banned
It was pretty obvious that the title was going to be delayed.
Realistically speaking, the game didn't look to be ready for a December release, not with everything Itagaki hoping to implement.
I don't mind waiting an extra few months as I'd rather have a polished game instead of something that was rushed just for the sake of having it ready for the Christmas buying season.

Buro Destruct

Formerly known as, Buro Destruct, , Southtown Stre
Franco Bash said:
Was at EB today and the Tecmo rep was there. Said that Ninja Gaiden will be delayed from Dec. to either late Feb. or early Mar. of next year. Sucks as this is the Xbox game I was really looking forward to, but, I guess it is to be expected going by Tecmo's recent track record with delaying games.

Hey man, you were in CompUSA the other day, (I work there, you might not remember me from Gamezone; goofy guy with glasses, Ray's friend) I meant to say hello to you but I didn't really get the chance. Catch ya later.

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
Franco Bash said:

I don't think it is much of a loss.

One less game I have to worry about getting. Other games I would like to focus on getting as opposed to this one.

{looks over to Franco Bash}

in a raspy voice says....

"Who you gonna' pick Ryu? Maaaaan I'll spank you!" ;)

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
MegaDrive 20XX said:

man.
franco could pick ryu, akuma or whatever.
he knows my hugo would shut him up in no time.

Big Shady

Kyukyogenryu Black Belt
15 Year Member
Oh well, really didn't have the money to afford it now anyways. I can wait awhile.

Verbatum

Rugal's Panther
This was reported about a month and a half ago. I guess it takes news a LLLOOOONNNNGGGG time to get here!

Franco Bash

Geese's Thug
Re: Re: Ninja Gaiden pushed back to Feb./Mar. 2004

Buro Destruct said:
Hey man, you were in CompUSA the other day, (I work there, you might not remember me from Gamezone; goofy guy with glasses, Ray's friend) I meant to say hello to you but I didn't really get the chance. Catch ya later.

What's up man. Yeah, I saw you, but you looked pretty busy so I didn't want to bother you.

MegaDrive 20XX said:

To the Minter Bros.:

Whenever you feel up to it I will deliver the beatings. You guys aren't even worth my Akuma, I will let Hugo or even bust out SFA3 and let Birdie finish you off.

Also,
I had heard about a month ago that it might be delayed, but, this is the first that I had heard it confirmed by anyone working with the company.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
So many games got delayed until 1st Quarter next year:

Metal Gear Solid - Twin Snakes (GC)
Silent Scope Complete (XBox)
Ninja Gaiden (XBox)
Metal Slug 3 (PS2)

:mad::very_ang: :blow_top:

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Good, this gives me time to play about a dozen Xbox games that I haven't started or would like to finish.

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
It's not like I don't have enough to keep me happy on XBox, let alone what's out on GC/PS2/PC this XMas, but god damn it I was looking forward to Ninja Gaiden. :(

Tony_N

Astra Superstar
I already have the rom.

ng1-02.gif

Below The Radar

B. Jenet's Firstmate
X said:
I thought Irene was dead?

You talking about the Ninja Gaiden 3 intro when Ryu's evil look alike attempts to kill Irene by pushing her off a cliff and then blame it on the real Ryu?

She survived it.

Last edited:

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
Below The Radar said:
You talking about the Ninja Gaiden 3 intro when Ryu's evil look alike attempts to kill Irene by pushing her off a cliff and then blame it on the real Ryu?

She survived it.

OMFG are you fo real? Like for over 10 years I thought she was dead.

Anyway, this is sad news. I hope DOA 1/2 comes soon...

Below The Radar

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Syxx573 said:
OMFG are you fo real? Like for over 10 years I thought she was dead.

Nope. in fact I found a page with the whole story of NG3. This little snippet explains it all.

Proceeding on, Ryu finally reaches Castle Rock Fortress (Wasn't he already supposed to have been there for the past two stages?), and battles his way through to Foster's lair. When he reaches it, Foster begins making a speech about how he would love to make a BIO-NOID out of Ryu, but instead, he will extract the secrets of his bloodline from his corpse, then use them to improve his experiments further. The doppelganger leaps down from the shadows and prepares to attack, but another person appears, holding a submachine gun, and orders Foster to stay his hand.

Ryu looks on with confusion, and finds that this newcomer is none other than... Irene. (Gee, gotta love these deus ex machina plot twists.) Irene explains that she had been trailing him for months, until she was attacked my Ryu's clone. She made use of her perceived death to stay in hiding to gather more information.

The doppelganger tells them they have both come this far only to die. He transforms into a superhuman beast, and Irene opens fire, only to see the bullets bounce off harmlessly. Ryu tells her to stay back, as he will settle this score once and for all.

I swear if she really died, then I wouldn't be able to see my favorite cut scene (the part when she opens fire)

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
Looks like the GameCube just got a boost.....
Seriously, I don't really need an XBox now at all since most everything on it is also on PS2, Halo is even on Macs now, and Zelda/Mario/etc are GameCube exclusive.

Screw Bill Gates and his money grab in the console market.

Yeah that's right Nash, I'm a hater!