Ninja Master's...good stuff

Metal Slugnuts

Faggotier
I know there are like 10 or so "omg Ninja Master's is awesome" threads but I think they're too old to bump at this point.

I nabbed this off of Big Bear a couple of weeks ago after I saw a yootoob of the intro...it was even more impressive in person. I haven't had a lot of time to really dork around with it but it's constantly on my mind. I end up fantasizing about the intro at work lol. :loco:

I like SS and LB a lot but in my book NM tops them just barely.

I wish SNK would release an online playable version of this. :annoyed:

Thoughts?

astrodan88

King's Dry Cleaner
I like SS and LB a lot but in my book NM tops them just barely.
I wouldn't go that far, but you are right about one thing. Ninja Master's absolutely rocks.

My favorite intro on the Neo. Love the art direction, and the gameplay ain't too shabby either.
I wish I had known about this game way back when.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
No way is it better than the Last Blades or Sam Sho 2 - but it kills the rest of them.

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
wasn't a big fan of the dial-a-combo gameplay.

karasu was cool, though.

Praise the Lard

Sieger's Squire
I love Ninja Masters as well, it's one of the Neo Geo's best hidden gems.

Better than SS/LB? You could build a solid argument there. The real problem is the Samurai Shodown series is a cornerstone to the Neo Geo's success as a whole, Last Blade is/was a graphical showcase with extreme production values and also with a fairly successful sequel (LB2 DC port), and Ninja Masters in just a single game that, well made as it was, went completely under the radar. No one has fond memories of Ninja Masters and that is a problem.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Ninja Masters is awsome, I wish there were more ninjas though...

Metal Slugnuts

Faggotier
I love Ninja Masters as well, it's one of the Neo Geo's best hidden gems.

Better than SS/LB? You could build a solid argument there.

I dunno, the play style in NM just grabbed me more than LB/SS.

The LB games are still two of my top Neo picks though; I like SS a lot but always play LB/NM first.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Nm is indeed good stuff, probably my fave neo game after ssIII, also the last home cart that I want.

I always manage to save up the money for it and then I either spend it on something else or put it to a savings account. In the end it'd just end up being an expensive dust collector, I hardly play games any more, meh :/

Professor Denim

Atro Ego
bought this game 2 months ago actually. i´ve never saw it running at any Portuguese arcade at the time, so i´ve always tought of NM has a big mystery. Now that i finally own it i think that its a really nice game and i´ve been playing it a lot lately...but its far from the greatness and perfection of SS1 or LB 1.Ninja Masters mood is great tough!
for those who know Ninja Master very well,is there a way to play with the game bosses?are there any secret characters? any secrets at all?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I should really get the MVS of this for my cab.

NM is a better game than LB and LB2.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
bought this game 2 months ago actually. i´ve never saw it running at any Portuguese arcade at the time, so i´ve always tought of NM has a big mystery. Now that i finally own it i think that its a really nice game and i´ve been playing it a lot lately...but its far from the greatness and perfection of SS1 or LB 1.Ninja Masters mood is great tough!
for those who know Ninja Master very well,is there a way to play with the game bosses?are there any secret characters? any secrets at all?

Man, you could google the code for the bosses. Not sure if it works in MVS though.

haha, I just did a 13 hit combo with sasuke by having the b button on turbo and it had a desperation move.

Jimminy

Quiz Detective
Love the game to death.
The game makes me feel like as if Ninja Scroll was made into a fighter.
Atmosphere wise and certain characters.

I love Natsume!!!

I remeber when my local arcade got it I think I was 13 or 14.
When I was able to get my own cab back in 2001 this was one of the first games I hunted down!

Metal Slugnuts

Faggotier
still haven't played either LB.

lol weren't you the one that started the whole Amano avatar spectacle a couple of years ago?

You should really play them...some of the finest Neo action you'll ever see.

It's the start of my "weekend" from work so I'll probably blaze through 1 player on NM today. :buttrock: