No Love for SDB Brawlers?

darcotrigger

Zero's Tailor
It's out, and I'm surprised to see that no one here seems too care. I'm going to play mine now. Maybe I'll post impressions later.

scgon

Benimaru's Hairdresser
10 Year Member
where did you find it? I haven't seen it any where yet....

darcotrigger

Zero's Tailor
Walmart. They only had like 3 copies and they were hiding in a pile of crap at the bottom of the display case. It was supposed to be out like a week ago, but I looked everywhere every day and didn't find any until today.

Now that I've had a little time to play it I've got to say it seems pretty good so far.

The game saves your progress as you go, you can buy items and equip them on your guys and you also gain exp. as you go.

Sometimes the play field will get river city ransom type stuff (chains/baseball bats/ect) you can use on your opponents or you can run up and kick them at the line.

The overall feel is similar to the nes version, although I'd say it doesn't have quite the same charm as that version, or the original arcade version. That said, I'd like to say it's one of the better entries in the series, but I'll have to spend some more time with it before I can say that confidently.

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
I've been playing SDB and The World Ends With You all of last week. Even though not that many people have SDB, you can still download play it onto another DS. Thank God for that.

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
I bought this before I came to Japan. It's a must for anyone who loves the old Super Dodgeball/Kunio Kun games. Adheres very closely to the NES formula, save for touching the bottom screen to activate your Ultimate throws. The music is really, really good old-school synth stuff, although the difficulty is kind of a pushover (save for the final match on Hard, they kept catching everything and throwing nothing but heat).

Dodge Danpei on the MegaDrive is still my all-time fave, but this is a good solid game for anyone who loves dodgeball, period. All the customization stuff and items are just icing on the cake. It's also probably gonna have a ridiculously small print run so if you like this sorta thing, go out and get it before it becomes a collectible item.

Playing through it now, just leveling the shit out of my custom team.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Got it launch day. Fun game, the brawling adds a little bit to the gameplay. The timing for throws is a little weird and takes some getting used to. Haven't had the chance to play it multi-player yet.

Jack Burton

Loyal Neo-Disciple
I still love super dodgeball for neo the best. Fighting game moves in a dodgeball game=Brilliant!

dark penguin

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
I was just reading th IGN review...they say it's developed by Million...awesome.
Million Co. is the reborn Technos. Nice to see the original holders of the IP still have it under their grasp, and that it's not some cash grab by a different dev.

They've been doing some awesome handheld titles since they reformed under the new name, like Double Dragon Advance.

Looks like I'll be picking this up.