No video on my CMVS. Life is cruel...

Dio Brando

Mickey's Coach
My CMVS is a MV2B board. It was working fine until this happened.

After a bit of troubleshooting, I have noticed that when the component video is used, there is a moment that the tv senses the source. Then, the screen changes for a bit, but resorts back to no video. Maybe this change has something to do with the problem?

As for sound, it works completely fine.

Any thoughts on the situation would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

SNKNostalgia

Avid Neo-Expert
OK. First, is this something that just started happening all of a sudden or did you just start using that CMVS with that TV? Is it a HDTV? Also, have you tested composite and S-video if the CMVS has those outputs?

Dio Brando

Mickey's Coach
I have used this tv before just fine, though it is HD. I have an SD tv that I tried it on when I could not get it to work, and got the same results.

I have not tried s-video since I lack the cable, but I have tried composite with no luck. I apologize for not stating this before, I thought I had. Whoopsie.

Last edited:

FA-MAS

Kula's Candy
I had similar symptoms with a supergun I built. It ended up being something to do with the sync signal. I had to use a sync cleaner.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
OUt of the many 2 slot CMVS units I've made there has been 2 times I've had to use a sync cleaner. If you get no video from all 3 connections or get video but it's scrambled looking then you need to double check all the wiring first to make sure everything is solid. If everything looks good then you might want to try a sync cleaner.

Also one thing on the sync signal is that make sure you have tapped the sync signal from the 470ohm resistor and not the 100ohm, when I tap it from the 100ohm I get a really unstable picture.