noob question about NEO GEO

psx2000

New Challenger
Ok say i buy a japanese neo cart, is there a option to make the game in english?

Here is my dilema.

I want to buy KOF 2002 .

I rather have english text in the game but the japanese box looks a lil better.

Also is the english and japanese carts identical?

I read somewhere about usa versions having censorship on blood or something.

SSS

neo retired
kof has an options menu where you can set the language you want, so yes, you could play in english on a japanese system.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Yes you can change the language in KOF2002,

to english.

psx2000

New Challenger
what about the blood thing i read about.

Say I own a japanese neo but a USA samrai showdown or kof will there still be blood?

Phoenix Down

Flagstaff Up,
20 Year Member
Originally posted by psx2000:
<strong>what about the blood thing i read about.

Say I own a japanese neo but a USA samrai showdown or kof will there still be blood?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yes, there will still be blood. The deciding factor is the territory of the SYSTEM, not the game.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Yes, it depends on the system. All games are programmed with everything in them (blood, all the languages and what not) for whatever system you just so happen to be playing on.

KEEP IN MIND, however, that older games HAVE no options menu. Therefore, if you play an older game like Fatal Fury Special, or Samurai Shodown on a Japanese Neo, you will only get JPN text. Yeah, there will be blood in SS, but it will be JPN everything else too. The later games had the options menu to change the language (around four different ones)... just so you know.

Of course, you can get a debug bios and have red blood in older games WITH English language, among other things as well! :)

Spike