Norcal coinopexpress group buy?

FusionITR

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Anyone interested in starting a group buy for coinopexpress? I figure if we can order enough cabs we can get it shipped here for cheap. Has anyone done a big buy from this site before? If so, how are the quality of the cabs and how does this process work? Never participated in a group buy before.

lowlight

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I've done two small buys from them before. In my experience, they can be a bit "odd" to work with in terms of their pricing. In one case, I was looking to pick up a copy of Desert Assault from them, as they had it available at $48 USD. After I requested then item, the price magically went up by about $100 USD. This also happened for two Astro City Cabs I was looking to get from them. They were originally listed at $530 USD each, but when I had them invoice me, they were at $800 USD each. Whenever I would ask about the disparity between the site's prices and the 12-24 hour turnaround Pro-Forma invoice price they had ready for the wire transfer, I got a myriad of excuses from "our supplier just ran out of stock" or "those are the 'old' prices". This all happened a few years ago, so hopefully they've got their act together these days.

FusionITR

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I've done two small buys from them before. In my experience, they can be a bit "odd" to work with in terms of their pricing. In one case, I was looking to pick up a copy of Desert Assault from them, as they had it available at $48 USD. After I requested then item, the price magically went up by about $100 USD. This also happened for two Astro City Cabs I was looking to get from them. They were originally listed at $530 USD each, but when I had them invoice me, they were at $800 USD each. Whenever I would ask about the disparity between the site's prices and the 12-24 hour turnaround Pro-Forma invoice price they had ready for the wire transfer, I got a myriad of excuses from "our supplier just ran out of stock" or "those are the 'old' prices". This all happened a few years ago, so hopefully they've got their act together these days.

Hmmm.... very standard bait and switch. Hopefully they don't try that if we come with a very large by (10 cabs+). Did you end up getting the astro city cabs? If so, was there any issue with the cabs not being as described?

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Group buys seem to work out just fine from my experience, if you are prepared to have two less cabs than promised, and 1/3 not working. An extra $2000 for hidden fees is also recommended.

lowlight

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hmmm.... very standard bait and switch. Hopefully they don't try that if we come with a very large by (10 cabs+). Did you end up getting the astro city cabs? If so, was there any issue with the cabs not being as described?

Sadly, no, I ended up passing on the cabs. At the time, I didn't feel comfortable with the answers I was being given with the person I was dealing with. But again, I'm only offering my anecdotal experience as a single/small order buyer from them from a few years ago. As Chempop mentioned, a larger upfront volume order would most likely work to your advantage with them. I would say it ultimately depends on the person you get and their willingness to do serious business and not mess around.

FusionITR

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Any other suggestions for a group by? I want to pick up 2-3 cabs and I'm tired of messing around on forums trying to find sellers. Just want to buy directly from Japan.

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
If you're looking for direct from Japan, probably pass on coinopexpress - they in Hong Kong :keke:

lowlight

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Any other suggestions for a group by? I want to pick up 2-3 cabs and I'm tired of messing around on forums trying to find sellers. Just want to buy directly from Japan.

A nice alternative of a company that has some stock (cabs) you could try (located in Japan) is here:

GOYO Corporation (http://www.goyocorp.com/index.html)

The few times I've dealt with them (small PCB purchases/not cabs), they've been extremely polite and easy to work with. I'd actually be willing to go in on a group buy from them if enough people joined in (I'd have to have my shipper pick up from NorCal to deliver here in TX).

Last edited:

sr20det510

Whip's Subordinate
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I'd be in if this was happening in SoCal, not sure if the extra shipping would make it worth while.

Goodluck!

FusionITR

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Maybe we can combine both norcal and socal, how much is shipping from north to south or south to north? If we share shipping cost I don't care if the crates dock in norcal or socal.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
I had a similar experience with Coin-Op Express. They had a non-phoenixed Progear. When I asked if they still had it in stock, they quoted me $100 more than the listed price and $125 for shipping. x_X

lowlight

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I had a similar experience with Coin-Op Express. They had a non-phoenixed Progear. When I asked if they still had it in stock, they quoted me $100 more than the listed price and $125 for shipping. x_X

Yeah, very frustrating indeed. In fact, and I'm only saying this due to my own experience, I would wager that they do a price bump as soon as they know your interested in the item they've "got you on the hook", as it were. Like "oh, you want 'that' game, eh? Well, now its 150% more than we listed at because...jamma...!" It's disconcerting, and a shifty way of doing business. The only way I was able to avoid this was by directly invoicing them with a Pro-Forma invoice with the price as grabbed from their site along with part of my wire information.

Then and only then did I get the quoted price. If I hesitated or procrastinated on the sale, the price shot up (sort of like those episodes of PAWN STARS where the elder Richard Harrison will decrease the buy price the more someone tries to talk him up on value). Thankfully other sellers in that country/region and in the similar tech space (Sony PS3 internal Parts via Alibaba) are a lot more honest in their dealings with regard to full disclosure of prices.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Yeah, very frustrating indeed. In fact, and I'm only saying this due to my own experience, I would wager that they do a price bump as soon as they know your interested in the item they've "got you on the hook", as it were. Like "oh, you want 'that' game, eh? Well, now its 150% more than we listed at because...jamma...!" It's disconcerting, and a shifty way of doing business. The only way I was able to avoid this was by directly invoicing them with a Pro-Forma invoice with the price as grabbed from their site along with part of my wire information.

Then and only then did I get the quoted price. If I hesitated or procrastinated on the sale, the price shot up (sort of like those episodes of PAWN STARS where the elder Richard Harrison will decrease the buy price the more someone tries to talk him up on value). Thankfully other sellers in that country/region and in the similar tech space (Sony PS3 internal Parts via Alibaba) are a lot more honest in their dealings with regard to full disclosure of prices.

You invoiced them when making a purchase? That's hilarious. :keke:

lowlight

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
You invoiced them when making a purchase? That's hilarious. :keke:

yeah :D. It worked the first few times, too. I think, they were used to having someone that hasn't done business in their sector typically send a request for an item. The thing is, I've done this enough times with sellers in Japan, I got keen to the fact that a direct purchase intent was the fastest way to get a serious response (its hard for them to haggle when money is sitting on the table <wire transfer info>). Again, this was several years ago, but I'm sure the same tactic would work provided you have a copy of their XLS doc they use for generating the invoices (assuming they still do that).

mikejmoffitt

Mickey's Coach
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I'm late to the party, but with my new apartment set up in San Jose, I too am interested in a candy cabinet.

FusionITR

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
So how many people do we have interested so far and how many cabs?

Me - I plan on buying 2 to 3 cabs. Everyone else?

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Gotta know the details before committing, but I'll keep an eye on this thread.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
Group buys seem to work out just fine from my experience, if you are prepared to have two less cabs than promised, and 1/3 not working. An extra $2000 for hidden fees is also recommended.

QFT

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I'd be down for at least one candy cab none of these group buys are ever in Norcal so this is a dream come true!

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Im about 650 miles north but would be willing to get in on a NorCal Candy group buy.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Rating - 100%
72   0   1
Fucking avoid.

I can't say it enough.

I had to shut down their ability to export for a few days to rectify an issue with a group buy and they fucked me for an insurance claim (as well as a few grand.)