Not another "I'm building a computer" thread...

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Looks like a nice build, BobbyPeru!

I don't care about gaming anymore so I'm totally happy with my iMac, but that looks awesome!

BobbyPeru

Man of Letters
CM's awesome, informative post

Those are some great ideas to consider (which I will, for sure). Nothing is opened yet, so there is always time to send something back, even though that would be a hassle.

I'm buying stuff from NCIX, which is based in Canada. Pretty much everything I bought was on sale when I got them, or were the cheapest options for the performance I was looking to get.

Strangely enough, the only thing that has pissed my wife off so far is the mechanical keyboard. I'm trying to explain to her why it will be so great, but she's not buying it. I guess going from the low-profile apple aluminium keyboard to a giant, clicky keyboard is just too much to ask of the old broad.

Stuff is coming in in drips and drabs. So far I've got the case, psu, gpu, cpu, keyboard, ssd, and wireless networking card (which I need, by the way - I'm nowhere near a wired connection). Still waiting on the MB, ram, cooler, and fans.

CrackerMessiah

Fu'un-Ken Master
I should have known about NCIX; they recently started operations in the States, but NewEgg is so engrained in enthusiast consciousness that it'll be interesting to see how they fare.

That being said, the price on the 2600K is quite high. I mean, a decade ago, the price would have made sense. But the Canadian dollar's had parity with the US for nearly two years now, and those tariffs and duties are now more obvious than ever. An extra 40 bucks! Even then, I'd still consider it worth it. But I can understand your apprehension.

Whatever you decide, you'll have a capable system that'll last a good while. Congrats!

Last edited: