November BoTM Streets of Rage 2

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Updated Axel score for me on the 4th play. Getting better, but those flying guys still kick my ass. What am I missing about making them easier to kill?

424290 Got into Stage 6 until those three Sagat type guys took my last life.

50054ee2-ec08-4913-98e1-08eacdf81c61.jpg

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Updated Axel score for me on the 4th play. Getting better, but those flying guys still kick my ass. What am I missing about making them easier to kill?

Directly place yourself on the same line with them and use the Grand Upper when they're attacking with their horizontal flying punch.

If they are above you or swoop down, use a neutral A desperation.

Also, during the stage 6 boss fight, if you kill Zamza first, jet dies automatically.

EDIT: Also, I'm not sure if you or other Axel players already know this, but he has a piss easy infinite that works on all non blocking and boss characters.

B *wait* B *wait* B. You can put a crowd of five enemies in a stun animation and infinite them to death without knocking them down.

Also, for those that might not know, hidden 1ups can be found in the lower left hand portion of the screen immediately in stage 1, and on the upper left hand portion of stage 2 when exiting the truck.

Last edited:

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Directly place yourself on the same line with them and use the Grand Upper when they're attacking with their horizontal flying punch.

If they are above you or swoop down, use a neutral A desperation.

Also, during the stage 6 boss fight, if you kill Zamza first, jet dies automatically.

EDIT: Also, I'm not sure if you or other Axel players already know this, but he has a piss easy infinite that works on all non blocking and boss characters.

B *wait* B *wait* B. You can put a crowd of five enemies in a stun animation and infinite them to death without every knocking them down.

Also, for those that might not know, hidden 1ups can be found in the lower left hand portion of the screen immediately in stage 1, and on the upper left hand portion of stage 2 when exiting the truck.

There is a third one right in from of Vehelits in the lower part, on the third stage.

Updated my score a little, this time using a Genesis and the Bare Knuckle II cart:

Regards.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Thanks for the tips ASID.

This is my 5th play, probably going to take a break for tonight. Goal is to beat the game by the weekend...

611590 got to Stage 8

d73645b9-dcb8-4375-8888-41f500b0bee9.jpg

Cheers guys for giving me something fun to do.

Beelzebub

Frenzy Football Player
10 Year Member
Beelzebub - 646,580 - Stage 8 - Max

Streets of Rage score 646,580.png

Trying to figure out a good way to grab people from behind with Max. Having some success with using a deep jumping elbow, then upon landing, quickly pressing towards the enemy.

Unfortunately I lost too many lives in the elevator on the way to Mr. X...

DeusVult

Another Striker

424290 Got into Stage 6 until those three Sagat type guys took my last life.

50054ee2-ec08-4913-98e1-08eacdf81c61.jpg

aye, they where pissing me off also.

just line up his shadow when he is at the opposite side of the screen and he will come down low and fly at you, jump kick and walk back and he will repeat this.

all scores updated

Last edited:

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
aye, they where pissing me off also.

just line up his shadow when he is at the opposite side of the screen and he will come down low and fly at you, jump kick and walk back and he will repeat this.

all scores updated

Hey Score Keeper. Read all the posts in your thread. ;)

That's not lithy's current score.

Bill Kilgore

Sent Rot A Secret Santa.Didn't Get Banned.FOOKIN A
I got a game over at the final boss, again definately not my best playthrough since i always use Blaze but i have found out the power of Axels "Grand Papa". How do you avoid the gunfire from the final boss?

9jdonq.jpg

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Beat my last score by just a bit.

GohanX - 766,450 - All - Axel

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1415483138534.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1415483138534.jpg
    206.5 KB · Views: 59

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I tried using Max, I really did. He would be fun to use in two player mode, but I can't deal with him in single, he's too slow and it's driving be batty. He desperately needs a run.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
He desperately needs a run.

I disagree. His slide is more than enough compensation.

Sliding when enemies are down creates a large number of attack/grapple set ups.

Max may be the total package..

Last edited:

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
I disagree. His slide is more than enough compensation.

Sliding when enemies are down creates a large number of attack/grapple set ups.

Max maybe be the total package..

I think all the characters in SoR2 are well balanced. You just have to find the proper way to play with them / compensate for their weaknesses. The easier player to get maybe is Axel, the harder (for me) is Blaze, but all work fine either in 1 or 2 player mode.

Regards.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Don't get me wrong, Max is VERY effective, I just didn't think he was much fun.

DeusVult

Another Striker
max was okay to play, I find it more difficult to get the grabs with him than the others,

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Just starting out, a bit rusty with that grand upper.
DSC00382.JPG

Ignore the second score. Somehow I can't remember how to end the game without a continue countdown.