November SOTM club Progear+Soldier Blade!!

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Is there a way to pull up your score on a cps2 board? I just had a nice run but didn't have the camera ready...went and got it, but can't get the scores to appear. (there are no credits in, so it isn't waiting for me to start a game). I don't recall any other CAVE games that didn't go to a scoreboard after the attract rotation?

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Is there a way to pull up your score on a cps2 board? I just had a nice run but didn't have the camera ready...went and got it, but can't get the scores to appear. (there are no credits in, so it isn't waiting for me to start a game). I don't recall any other CAVE games that didn't go to a scoreboard after the attract rotation?

It should go to a score table, I know my US version did the other day

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
It should go to a score table, I know my US version did the other day

Yup, my Jp version does as well. It should pull up a page showing the score rankings 1st to 5th.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
3rd, 4th and 5th place are so very close on Progear, nice job guys!

mj, I can also confirm that the jp board does display a score table after some of the attract sequences, I was pleased last nite, since it was the first time I'd ever been on the top of it :)

mjmjr25

10 Year Member
yeah, it came around after while...weird. Beat the Kraken for first time ever last night on MAME, but just doesn't feel the same. I'll post that score if I can't do better on my board here in the next few days.

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
whisper2053 - 855,200 - PCE Duo-R

0c3p.jpg

Finally got to spend some time with this this evening. Man that 5 minutes goes by a LOT faster than you expect!

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
I'm still fighting to get my board to boot :annoyed:

sorry man :(

I was also hoping to be playing soldier blade on a hucard and not an emu, but I held out getting one thinking my month was gonna be December. got one on the way now though. I just really wanna play the thing with a legit controller.

mjmjr25

10 Year Member
Billy Mitchell; yr up:

mjmjr25 - 6,406,950 - bolt/nail - stage 5 - CPS2/JP

So glad i'm back at this one. I've been stuck at stage 4 boss (Kraken) for probably 2 years. This is the first time i've been at it good in a year or so and finally have her figured out. Stage 5 is pretty intense though, not getting more than 20-30 secs into it...

pipes

^Wow, nice run man! I've got a lot of work to do.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Gum_Drops - 2,929,730 - Stage 3 - Bolt/Nail - CPS2 - JP

I end up bombing way too much in stage 3 still

Last edited:

Fritz

15 Year Member
Gum_Drops - 3,880,250 - Stage 4 - Bolt/Nail - CPS2 - JP

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
that's a million point bump right there gummy, nice job man!

edit: I take yer word for it, but I do need to see a pic ;)

Last edited:

Fritz

15 Year Member
If I get a decent score I will get the camera out.

pipes

I put in a couple of runs last night and I can't get past 2.4mil to save my life right now :(

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
WR scores for pna:

Progear No Arashi

World: R. - 358.936.220 - Ring/?
West: RAR - 221,540,840 - ALL - Ring/Chain

We've some work to do, gents.

mjmjr25

10 Year Member
The points go crazy on the 2nd loop - the ALL's referenced above are actually 10 stages of play. The key to major scoring is to not bomb and not die. When you bomb, watch your jewel counter on the lower left, it loses value - usually about 5,000 - so as you get to later stages, your multiplier just keeps going up and up if you haven't died or bombed. To hit the 2nd loop, you must have died once or less...or have bombed twice or less. If you do that, odds are your multiplier is up so high and then hit the first stage again - granted, more bullets and faster, but easier than stage 4 and 5, etc, so big points.

If you don't know, the scoring is a jeweling system - when you destroy an enemy, the explosion will turn all bullets the make contact with the explosion into rings or jewels. Pilot shots (tapping A) are for rings and Gunner shots (holding A) are for jewels. Learning which type of shot to use and which will bear the most rings or high value jewels takes practice.

Also, there is an extend on stage 4. It is darn near impossible to get and I usually die trying to get it...and if you die or bomb, you can't get it. If anyone's interested, I can find the youtube vid i'm sure that shows what you need to do, but dang, it's tough.

Anyways - i'm getting fookin close to the ALL (but not 2nd loop) - have the Kraken down now and onto the Volvox...what a freaking beast. The 2nd extend helps, but no idea if i'll be able to get there with an extra life to give myself a chance.

mjmjr25 - 9,067,340 - stage 5 (boss) - Bolt/Nail - CPS2/JP