Ok, I got Final Fantasy IV... when we getting VI???

Galford Forever

Krizalids Fashion Designer
I loved FFIV on the SNES, but VI is my all-time favorite. I would kill to have that on GBA. So when is it coming!!?? Oh, and Chrono Trigger would be hot too. :buttrock:

Zenimus

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
It hasn't been announced yet when FF6 is coming out. I would guess Winter 2006, although it could be as early as Summer 2006. I doubt that they will overhaul the graphics in the same fashion as FF4, seeing as FF6 was already much more detailed. They will more than likely add many things to the game, which I think could be pretty cool since most of the game's bosses are fairly easy (especially if you do the old Vanish and Doom cheapshot). Hopefully they'll keep the translation the same.

Chrono Trigger would be a great choice to port to GBA as well. It's my 2nd favorite RPG of all time (FF6 is first).

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
Hm, I wonder if I would buy FF6 again. I already got the Anthology and original carts.

But I didn't know that 4 had enhanced graphics. How enhanced are we talking here? Food for thought... It's got the improved translation, too, I would assume?

Garou[ryu]

B. Jenet's Firstmate
HeartlessNinny said:
Hm, I wonder if I would buy FF6 again. I already got the Anthology and original carts.

But I didn't know that 4 had enhanced graphics. How enhanced are we talking here? Food for thought... It's got the improved translation, too, I would assume?

the graphics i wouldnt call enhanced. They look bettter on a few things. but i think tha gba isnt capable of reproducing the graphical effects that the snes could.
the graphic just seem different. I like them very much but i wouldn't say on a whole they were better.

the translation rocks,Ive only played ff2 on the snes and theres alot more depth to the characters.

great game though. i just got my airship !

Galford Forever

Krizalids Fashion Designer
HeartlessNinny said:

I didn't even know that they were supposed to be enhanced, so it can't be that noticeable.

The only thing I notice is that the random encounters rate seems to be higher.

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
Galford Forever said:
I didn't even know that they were supposed to be enhanced, so it can't be that noticeable.

The only thing I notice is that the random encounters rate seems to be higher.

Higher encounter rate is because it's the hard type port, whereas the SNES was the easy version.

But anyways, if there aren't any extras worth worrying over, I don't think I'll be buying this one for the third time. Played it too many times already. Still a good one, though.

Zenimus

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
No way, the graphics are very much different. I know the original very well, and the GBA port features much more detailed graphics. Think of the difference between Super Mario Bros. 3 on the NES vs. the All-Stars version on the SNES... well, it may not be that vast of a difference, but it is certainly very noticeable.

The music is different too, although I wouldn't call it enhanced. The sound capabilities of the GBA aren't as advanced as the SNES's, but I think they did a good job of remixing it to fit the GBA's sound limitations. In Mother 1+2 for GBA, they tried to port the music directly, and it didn't come out very well.

Also, the GBA version of FF4 does have quite a few new things to it, so I would wholeheartedly recommend it -- even if you're like me and you've played it dozens of times already.