(Once again) Recomend some different Saturn Games

gmfuss

Kula's Candy
I know this topic has been posted a million times, but I need some really obscure suggestions. I already have a lot of the big Japanese games (the Neo ports, capcom stuff, the shooters, the fighters, arcade ports) but I am really looking for the stuff that I would never think of or have even heard of. And not another list of rare titles, I mean the good games, and games one could easily enjoy with NO understanding of Japanese.

Anyone...

Last edited:

Baseley09

Hair Group,
For £5/$10 the pal/us version of Mansion of the Hidden souls is an entertaining night in, only lasts a few hours.

Steve

The Wonder Years,
Coin Puzzle Moujiya is a charming puzzler. It is similar Money Exchanger.

Not really obscure but an often overlooked import is Saturn Bomberman Fight!! Excellent game.

Steamgear Mash is not a household name but good enough to give you some quality playtime.

Baseley09

Hair Group,
Steve said:
Not really obscure but an often overlooked import is Saturn Bomberman Fight!! Excellent game.

Got that last month, great stuff the breakdancing penguin ownz it:D

gmfuss

Kula's Candy
Steve said:
\

I think I will be picking this one up. I finally got a hold of Saturn Bomberman and loved every second of it, but I am a little scared of Bomberman in 3D

Blaine

Hinako's Cook
Gussun Oyoyo S.

Very good action puzzler. I'm working on a review right now so I have some caps.

It's like Lemmings and Tetris all at once. You have to build a way out for this little dude while avoiding baddies, picking up food and other little bonuses, and taking so much time that the little dude drowns.

The gameplay is very cool, it has some very good animation and the characters have personality.

gusson.jpg

gusson3.jpg

Video Clip (6MB .wmv)

Best of all, it can be had for $25 or so new from NCSX.

Good pick up.

gmfuss

Kula's Candy
Blaine said:
Gussun Oyoyo S.

Very good action puzzler. I'm working on a review right now so I have some caps.

It's like Lemmings and Tetris all at once. You have to build a way out for this little dude while avoiding baddies, picking up food and other little bonuses, and taking so much time that the little dude drowns.

The gameplay is very cool, it has some very good animation and the characters have personality.

gusson.jpg

gusson3.jpg

Video Clip (6MB .wmv)

Best of all, it can be had for $25 or so new from NCSX.

Good pick up.

Now this is the shit I am looking for, THANK YOU...

And another good question, wookiewombat, any good beat em ups?

Greywolf

Angel's Love Slave
A few more:

- Elevator Action Returns (jump'n shoot, a port from Taito's F3 arcade hardware)
- Keio Yugekitai (jump'n run featuring cutesy characters)
- Purikura Daisakusen (isometric action game, also featuring cutesy characters)

All of the above are playable without knowing japanese.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Steve said:
Steamgear Mash is not a household name but good enough to give you some quality playtime.
Take Steve advice on this on 'please for a early, Saturn title it's pretty good.