One more Super Neo 29 Type II

evbraven

New Challenger
While reassembling everything tonight, I decided to throw on the plastics to see how it's going to look. Damn! I love this cab! :D It's going to need sanding and a couple of more coats of red to finish off, but this is how I pictured it when I started:

2013-02-14%252021.54.55.jpg

2013-02-14%252021.53.25.jpg

I would eventually like to have a custom marquee made with more red to the art, but this works fine for now.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
'Candy'apple red candy.

That looks clean enough to eat of off.

Strong work!

trenog

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
Very sexy. Nice work dude! Looking forward to what the other one looks like.

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
I am more of a purist, so it's not my thing, but it does look good!

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Dude, that looks amazing. Almost makes me wanna do that.

evbraven

New Challenger
I ran into a couple of issues finishing up. First, I had some runs in the paint on the sides of my topper. That meant sanding/stripping and repainting it today. Hopefully it will come out good, although its going to needed several coats to match the color depth again. Next the power supply quit giving +5V! Luckily I had another one, but it is not painted to match the cab interior. And last, the monitor I put in is out of convergence. For now, I pull this one out too, and drop in another one from my OK Baby cab project (not getting to it anytime soon anyway).

I think I will drop Marvel Vs Cap com into this one for my kids to play.....they love that game.
Edit/Delete Message

evbraven

New Challenger
I got this thing running and gunning now. At my daughter's request, MVC stayed in a candy cab in the house, and this one wound up with Tekken 4. I am now thinking of swapping around with one of my Crowns, and putting my newly running NB Naomi into this cab instead. If I can locate a workable monitor for the marquee area, I probably will do just that.

Here are the boys lined up and fired up in the garcade:
2013-03-16%252023.02.26.jpg

2013-03-16%252023.03.03.jpg

Oh yeah, and I actually have ONE more Super Neo 29 sitting sadly around the corner longing to be restored.......or sold to someone needing a project.

dipindods

needs help. stuck in virgina.
i like the red i think it looks good. if i can suggest alil painting help. i paint cars and car parts alot if you put a milk crate under what u paint you get no blow back and a much smoother finish. the crate allows the paint to flow though the piece and without that buffer the paint hits floor and bounces back to piece and gives u a bumpy finish and too much paint sometimes leading to drips. but great work brother i dig all the colors.....just hate tekken 4 its the worst in the collection. but good job!!!

evbraven

New Challenger
i like the red i think it looks good. if i can suggest alil painting help. i paint cars and car parts alot if you put a milk crate under what u paint you get no blow back and a much smoother finish. the crate allows the paint to flow though the piece and without that buffer the paint hits floor and bounces back to piece and gives u a bumpy finish and too much paint sometimes leading to drips. but great work brother i dig all the colors.....just hate tekken 4 its the worst in the collection. but good job!!!
Thanks for the tip! I'm always open to helpful suggestions. I actually painted a lot of the plastics on this one with the pieces hanging on a rack. My biggest issues are no proper paint booth and cheap equipment. Since it's just for me, it's good enough, but I would LOVE to have an auto pro paint job on a cab!
(and Tekken 2 is still actually my favorite of the series, but my daughter REALLY wanted T4)

Man that came out so neat. If only i had that amount of space for restoration jobs.

Not sure if you stated it (i might of overlooked it) but what type of paint did you use because it looks like it sits really good.

evbraven

New Challenger
Man that came out so neat. If only i had that amount of space for restoration jobs.

Not sure if you stated it (i might of overlooked it) but what type of paint did you use because it looks like it sits really good.
The white was high gloss appliance enamel, the interior was done with a rattle can of (Rustoleum or Krylon...can't remember) hammered metal finish aluminum paint. For the plastics, I used several coats of gloss red enamel, and then several coats of clear polycrylic. Normally I would clear coat with polyurethane, but it has a tendency to yellow, and I didn't was this to turn sunset orange.

dipindods

needs help. stuck in virgina.
Thanks for the tip! I'm always open to helpful suggestions. I actually painted a lot of the plastics on this one with the pieces hanging on a rack. My biggest issues are no proper paint booth and cheap equipment. Since it's just for me, it's good enough, but I would LOVE to have an auto pro paint job on a cab!
(and Tekken 2 is still actually my favorite of the series, but my daughter REALLY wanted T4)

hey i paint cars in my 2 car garage. u dont need a paint booth or great stuff for a great paint job. prep work and proper air flow and a clean enviorment is all u need. just alil knowledge and elbow grease and your there. but a really great job my friend. and tekken 2 has a sweet spot in my heart as well

The white was high gloss appliance enamel, the interior was done with a rattle can of (Rustoleum or Krylon...can't remember) hammered metal finish aluminum paint. For the plastics, I used several coats of gloss red enamel, and then several coats of clear polycrylic. Normally I would clear coat with polyurethane, but it has a tendency to yellow, and I didn't was this to turn sunset orange.

Yeah i was wondering about the polyurethane layers but i guess its best to go the route you did. i can never get the perfect coating levels on anything i paint :/