Pandora Box 3 Multi-Game 520-1 PCB

geise

Mickey's Coach
Whoa !? Turtles in time is unplayable on pb3? or did you just get a bad luck card drawn ?
It is playable up to Neon Nightriders and craps out. Not sure if it's an issue with a bad rom or the Final Burn emulation itself.
Now I have issues with Turtles in Time and the music. The music is way off compared to my pcb.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
It is playable up to Neon Nightriders and craps out. Not sure if it's an issue with a bad rom or the Final Burn emulation itself.

This is it exactly. Most of the sprites are invisible on that stage, making it unplayable.

West

Mr. Big's Thug
Edward Randy seems to have the same problem on the P3. First level plays fine then from the second on, most of the sprites are invisible or wrong. Sucks as I really wanted to put some time into that one.

This is it exactly. Most of the sprites are invisible on that stage, making it unplayable.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Edward Randy seems to have the same problem on the P3. First level plays fine then from the second on, most of the sprites are invisible or wrong. Sucks as I really wanted to put some time into that one.

Don't worry, Pandora 5 will be here before you know it.

Namnuta

Quiz Detective
Here is what a fake Pandora's box 3 looks like.

IMG_0589.JPG

It also does not have the 3.5mm Audio connector. Seems to play fine for a multiboard, better than the PB2. But its a fake fake. I read some reports of these frying power supplies, but i have had no issues.
Make sure your case looks like a PS4. If its rounded, its probably fake.

FinalbossNYC

Zero's Tailor
Now I have issues with Turtles in Time and the music. The music is way off compared to my pcb.

UGH ! Thanks for the info guys, TiT is one of 5 games I was buying this for. Ill buy the PB4 and wait for the MVS adapter

Last edited:
Damn, that sucks. I guess I'll look into it after some initial impressions from you. The added games make it very interesting.
Don't give up hope yet, the images I've seen seem to suggest it's the same circuitboard. But we'll know for sure once someone can take some high quality snaps and provide the SD image.

Upgraded hardware is possible, in the form of additional ram (from memory I think DogP said the A13 could use up to 512mb, but they only opted for 256 in the PB3). Also, the A13 is available in speeds up to 1.5ghz, I *think* the one in the PB3 was 1ghz, but I could be dreaming this up. I'm hoping it is upgraded to 512 and 1.5ghz, would mean good performance for things like SF3. But even with those upgrades, the SD image should still boot assuming it doesn't check for serial numbers and things (which the PB3 did, so it's logical to think the 4 would as well).

Jonny l3lanka

Morden's Lackey
Wait so... from what I've read and seen on youtube videos.. it seems that it's not possible to add credits while in-game. So you can only do it from the main Pandora menu?

Edit: Seems I was wrong and you actually can do it in-game. My bad.

Last edited:

saran

n00b
I hacked pb4.
A. Hardware is different. So program is not compatible
B. It added MAME emulator for many new games. And this emulator,s boot time is longer than final burner alpha ,s
C. It has 2 group program for VGA and cga mode
D. A13's work frequency is 1.15ghz. I tried more high frequency, and the program will become unstable., may halt or reboot.
I am just curious this product, want to share some info with u

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I hacked pb4.
A. Hardware is different. So program is not compatible
B. It added MAME emulator for many new games. And this emulator,s boot time is longer than final burner alpha ,s
C. It has 2 group program for VGA and cga mode
D. A13's work frequency is 1.15ghz. I tried more high frequency, and the program will become unstable., may halt or reboot.
I am just curious this product, want to share some info with u

So was the aspect ratio fixed for CGA?

In cga mode, all game is scaled to 384x224, without prevent aspect ratio
Wait, if it outputs to 384x224, does that mean the image is no longer being cut off on the left hand side in CPS1/2/3 games?

Also, could you confirm the CPU frequency of the PB3? Was that 1.0ghz?

It sounded like you were connected to one of the manufacturers that build the PB3, how difficult would it be to do a custom run of the PB3 or PB4, with CGA output, but with the 1.5ghz A13 chip???

saran

n00b
A13 of pb3 is also 1.15 ghz
The highest frequency of a13 with pb3/4 is 1.2 ghz
1.5 g hz will be not to boot
1.25 + ghz will be halt or reboot occasionally

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
A13 of pb3 is also 1.15 ghz
The highest frequency of a13 with pb3/4 is 1.2 ghz
1.5 g hz will be not to boot
1.25 + ghz will be halt or reboot occasionally

As asked above, has the left hand cut off been fixed to have a full picture?

As asked above, has the left hand cut off been fixed to have a full picture?

Also, I'm not saying let's overclock the current CPU, I'm suggesting building a small number of units using the fastest A13 CPU available, the 1.5ghz version which is used by several android tablets...

saran

n00b
Also, I'm not saying let's overclock the current CPU, I'm suggesting building a small number of units using the fastest A13 CPU available, the 1.5ghz version which is used by several android tablets...

1.5ghz may be better for Pandora's box.
But it will take more price and bigger ram

Biggronn33

n00b
I recently got the pandoras box 3. I have a 2 slot mvs. I ordered a neo geo to jamma adapter and I could hear sound butthepictu. Re was garbled and the controls did not work. Im fairly ok at figuring some of this out but new to this. Could anyone help with getting the pandoras box to work? I seen something about the atlas 1.1 just ordered it. Will that help fix the issues?

saran

n00b
*sigh* I think we're wasting our breath... perhaps google translate into Mandarin might get results? But perhaps I'm just being optimistic.

Yes, you are right. I don't really understand what "left hand cut " mean. And I am always playing in VGA . Not many cga experiments