Paypal questions (noob here, please help)

Arthas

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
15 Year Member
Hey dudes, I was chatting with oldschool in the neochat about this the other day, basically, I'm a paypal noob, first time I used it was this past friday.

I bought some computer parts online which came up to a little more than $200, I selected paypal as my method of payment. Finished the payment and got emails confirming the transaction etc.

Next day on saturday, my bank checking account was charged the 200 dollars, while paypal still has my payment showing up as uncleared. Well, it's been already quite a few days since last friday and that shit is still showing up as uncleared on paypal.

I did not have funds on my paypal account before I made the payment btw, I did not even know you could do that. So yea, basically the money has already been removed from my bank account, but paypal hasn't cleared the payment yet, so I'm wondering if it's normal for it to take this long for that shit to clear? Seems like an awful long time for something that is supposed to be "convenient". I'd have just found other means of payment if I had known it would take this long.

So yea, is it normal for it to take this long for a payment to clear? Do I need to do anything myself? Or will the payment clear automatically? Thanks for the help.

Stellaking

Witchsmeller Pursuivant
Paypal becomes less of a pain in the ass the more hoops you jump thru,
verifying your account and all that bollocks.

Saying that... It also becomes more expensive :tickled:

5 to 7 days should be the max wait time for most, anything longer sounds like
an e-cheque ?

If thats the case the wait could be a few weeks.

Stellaking

Witchsmeller Pursuivant
Yeah bout 2 weeks or so...

But you would have a date specified as to when it would clear,
that would be on your paypal account in the transaction shizz.

Arthas

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
15 Year Member
Stellaking said:
Yeah bout 2 weeks or so...

But you would have a date specified as to when it would clear,
that would be on your paypal account in the transaction shizz.
alright, well, I hope that shit clears quick, if by next friday I'm still in the same situation ima be pissed :smirk:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Yes, that is a normal amount of time. With banking transfers, weekends don't count, and since Monday was a holiday too that didn't count, so your transfer from the bank probably didn't begin processing until Tuesday. After that it should take a few days, I would expect the payment to be in Thursday or Friday.

Once you go through the steps of verifying your bank account with Paypal it will be easier. Once it is verified, the cash is sent instantly to the other person when you make a purchase. It still takes a while for it to actually be taken out of your account though. It also takes a while for them to put Paypal funds back into your account. Over the weekend I had NO cash in my checking account and a ton of money in my Paypal account.