PC Engine Neo ports.

Black_Tiger

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Any other PC Engine fans around here? If so, what's your favorite Neo Geo to PC Engine port?

I expect that most would say Fatal Fury Special. But mine's World Heroes 2.

To me, WH2 ACD was the best Neo to "16-bit" conversion.

It uses the PCE's color display potential the best, the backgrounds appear to be touched up more, it nails the more impressive intro and menus... and just plain looks more like a Neo Geo game.

And although I'd rank FFS above Art Of Fighting overall , I'd have to say that AOF is 2nd to WH2 for the Neo "look", the fighters in particular look near perfect when played on its own(without looking at the originator at the same time).

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
I'm going with FFS, but thats mostly because of the CD quality audio.

twalden

Leona's Therapist
20 Year Member
While I'm not sure whether the Neo or PCE one came out first, I'll go with Panic Bomber. The PCE version offers more play modes + a CD soundrack which actually make it superior to the Neo version in my opinion.

Superfamifreak

Ralf & Clark's Drinking Buddy
20 Year Member
twalden said:
Panic Bomber

Am I the only person that couldn't get into that game? I found it dull and repetivie with no gameplay.

twalden

Leona's Therapist
20 Year Member
Superfamifreak said:
Am I the only person that couldn't get into that game? I found it dull and repetivie with no gameplay.

Nope. It's an average game at best. I don't like the FF, WH and AOF Neo Geo ports on PCE, that's why I listed it :p