Peter Fernandez, Voice of Speed Racer: 1927-2010

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
That dude could speak fast. I used to wake up at 5:30 in the morning to watch Speed Racer as a tyke. I was obsessed with that show. I still enjoy watching an episode on Hulu once in a while. Vaya con Dios.

Mithos

Zero's Tailor
Sad to see him go. My mom introduced me to Speed Racer and I still enjoy watching it today. RIP Peter :(

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
It's very sad to hear about the passing of this great voice actor who was truly one of the elder statesmen of voice acting but I suppose death comes to us all sooner or later and he certainly had a good long run of it and I'm sure that his funeral will be attended by the many whose lives he has touched for better or worse and if it were being held in Texas I'd think about attending if I could be sure that they would allow a member of the general public to attend such an event, oh?

e235a3cb_htf_imgcache_34861.jpeg

MAMMOTH CAR!

Last edited:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
It's very sad to hear about the passing of this great voice actor who was truly one of the elder statesmen of voice acting but I suppose death comes to us all sooner or later and he certainly had a good long run of it and I'm sure that his funeral will be attended by the many whose lives he has touched for better or worse and if it were being held in Texas I'd think about attending if I could be sure that they would allow a member of the general public to attend such an event, oh?

The "oh" at the end needs more 'h's, but otherwise, that was brilliant.

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,

auto3.jpg

MAMMOTH CAR!

I had to read that twice cause of the run-ons. I see what you did there! :D

But seriously, R.I.P. Mr. Fernandez. I would have liked to have met you and interview you but looks like it won't happen now. :(

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Same here, I walked past his booth at the New York Comic Con and missed the panel he was doing during Otakon. I would have loved to hear some of his stories about dubbing in the old days. I always wondered if they just all spoke really fast or if they sped up the voices afterwards. Now I'm really sad I didn't get an autograph from him.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
R.I.P Peter Fernandez...damn and i used to watch speed racer when i was a kid.The actor sure could talk fast that's for sure.

Last edited:

Dio Brando

Mickey's Coach
I didn't watch much of Speed Racer in my youth, but he was also the voice director and made several cameos in Courage the Cowardly Dog, which I greatly enjoyed in my childhood. I am glad I was fortunate enough at Sakura-Con last year to talk to him and thank him for all of his work.

The guy lived a long and wonderful life. Rest in peace, friend.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
That dude could speak fast. I used to wake up at 5:30 in the morning to watch Speed Racer as a tyke. I was obsessed with that show. I still enjoy watching an episode on Hulu once in a while. Vaya con Dios.

In my head, I've been reading all of these response in a fast Speed Racer voice....