Picture goes slightly offscreen

Edmond Dantes

Rugal's Thug
So, the AES console I bought arrived today. The only game I have is Blue's journey, so I played it.

One issue, and its a minor one, but I noticed that the picture seems to go beyond the edge of the screen (and I've got a 30" CRT) on the left-hand side. In some areas where the screen can't scroll that way its possible to even have Blue walk partially off the screen.

Just wondering if there was a way to fix this?

The console has a Unibios (3.0 I think) in it, not sure if that's relevant. I had it set to USA region, Home General Use. And just to repeat: Its an AES, not a consolized MVS.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Edmond Dantes

Rugal's Thug
Probably is, as IIRC this isn't the first time I've seen a game do this.

Is there a way to fix overscan?

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Typically not without access to the service menu or physically adjusting the CRT. (some) Professional monitors (i.e. PVM) allow you to adjust through on-screen menus, otherwise it's physical adjustment pots inside the display. I don't advise opening up a CRT if you have to ask this question (not trying to sound rude, just that you can fry yourself).

Edmond Dantes

Rugal's Thug
Kay, just found a manual that describes how to enter service mode on my TV. I'll try it later on.

Tread lightly in service mode. You can easily do something to blank the screen, render the display useless.

Edmond Dantes

Rugal's Thug
It's fixed as best I could manage. Now all essential data is onscreen.

I approached with caution, going so far as to record everything I did using a webcam (I have a good one that picks up TV images fine, and even so I read aloud what the defaults were so they'd be in the video).

Also, funny: finally got the turnout in Blue's Journey where you have to face your rival at the end... and we both hit each other, leading to the princess rejecting both of us. I had to snicker.