Pink Floyd Tributes on Fallon

Ami Tajiri

Over Top Auto Mechanic
AV Club said:
Coinciding with reissues of Pink Floyd's 14 studio albums, a box set, and two expanded editions of The Dark Side Of The Moon is a week-long tribute to the band on Late Night With Jimmy Fallon starting Monday. Several bands will be appearing on the show to perform some of Pink Floyd's greatest hits. Perhaps the most notable performance will be Tuesday night when Roger Waters joins Foo Fighters to play "In The Flesh" from The Wall.

Also on tap: The Shins come by Monday to play "Breathe" from Dark Side, MGMT will be there Wednesday to contribute "Lucifer Sam" from The Piper At The Gates Of Dawn, country singer Dierks Bentley will sing "Wish You Were Here" on Thursday, and Pearl Jam closes out the week Friday with a planned performance of "Mother" from The Wall. Pink Floyd drummer Nick Mason will also be hand Monday for an interview segment, and Waters will talk with Fallon on Tuesday.

Sauce. Sounds like it could be pretty awesome, but I don't have a TV. Anyone know if Hulu or something shows old episodes online?

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
The Foo Fighters cover of "Have a Cigar" is the only good thing about Mission: Impossible 2.

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
I liked it when Type O Neg used to always open with In the Flesh then go into a Carnivore medley fuck yea!!!

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Sauce. Sounds like it could be pretty awesome, but I don't have a TV. Anyone know if Hulu or something shows old episodes online?
If you did have a tv, you'd know never to watch Jimmy Fallon no matter what was going to be on his show.

Ami Tajiri

Over Top Auto Mechanic
That bad, eh? Well, I can just skip forward to the performances. I did find the show on Hulu then. I really like Pink Floyd, Pearl Jam, Foo Fighters, and MGMT, so I'm kinda excited.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I wouldn't watch Jimmy Fallon even if I was on the show. I'm not saying there are no circumstances I'd watch it under, but there would have to be at least one gun involved.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Fallon's show is hit or miss with me. It has improved a bit since beginning, as expected with a new show I guess. Some of the pre-taped skits and weekly re-occurring comedy bits are funny.

Some of the filler stuff is shitty though. There is one skit where they pull two guys from the audience and have them take turns spitting water in each others face. It reeks of "shit, we don't feel like writing any comedy pieces, lets just get some idiots up on stage for 5-7 minutes."

His interviews are kind of bland, then again I usually skip the interviews on most late night shows.

Last edited:

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
I wouldn't watch Jimmy Fallon even if I was on the show. I'm not saying there are no circumstances I'd watch it under, but there would have to be at least one gun involved.

This statement is full of truth and justice.

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
There's just something about Fallon that makes me want to punch him in the baby maker over and over. IMO it'd take a bomb strapped to my chest to watch his show, it was bad enough when he was on the Colbert Report last week.

irvsmoot

Cheng's Errand Boy
I watched Fallon do an interview segment and he does suck at it... (How they hell did they manage to hire a late-night host that awkward?) On the other hand, this performance of "In the Flesh" by Roger Waters with Foo Fighters is boss. I really enjoyed it.

Both Roger Waters and the Foo Fighters really seemed to enjoy themselves, it was worth staying up to watch. I thought the interview was an interesting place for Roger to first mention his Wall tour coming back to the US. It's the second time he's been on the show, maybe he sees something in Fallon I don't?

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Yeah, I have no clue on that one, but I'm glad he made it to the show. It was an awesome performance.

Man, MGMT's cover of Lucifer Sam was spot-on. Unfortunately, Dierks Bentley's twangy version of Wish You Were Here didn't do much for me. I wanted to like it, with the addition of the melancholic violin, but the overall tone quality of the song turned me off.

Okay, back to studying.

MGMTs cover was pretty awesome. Lucifer Sam always sounded like a tweaked version of See Emily Play....not like thats a bad thing though. I way prefer their Syd Barret era stuff over the rest.

Ami Tajiri

Over Top Auto Mechanic
MGMTs cover was pretty awesome. Lucifer Sam always sounded like a tweaked version of See Emily Play....not like thats a bad thing though. I way prefer their Syd Barret era stuff over the rest.

I like a lot of their music from all over their discography, though I can't always listen to some of it.

So, to round out the week, here's Pearl Jam's cover of "Mother," which is pretty damn good.