Planning on buying a Galaxy Cab

Neco_Coneco

Enemy Chaser
http://www.coinopexpress.com/products/machines/cabinets_only/21"_Galaxy_Cabinet_3522.html

I know these are generic cabs but has anyone had any experience with them. I am sick of my used Egret and I really want a shiny brand new cab. The price with shipping is about $1300 but for a new one it is worth it to me. I really just want to make sure these things arent known for problems and are constructed with quality.

THanks for the replies in advance :)

quadmasta

New Challenger
I was trying to get a group buy together for the 29" models a while back but I didn't get much interest. I figured the price to get an entire container to my door was about $600-700 per cabinet. I also found that freight shipping to most places in the US was pretty reasonable at ~$175-300 depending on distance from Atlanta. A full container shipped was right around $10K IIRC.

Brian

Neco_Coneco

Enemy Chaser
You should buy them then sell them :p I would pay you 700+ for it :)

Too bad they did not have a warehouse here:(

If you can get a group together let me know since I plan to buy mine come June.

Last edited:

sven666

War Room Troll
its a great cab alright.. but for $1300.. thats alot dude.

why not renovate your egret?
e nice custom paintjob and youve got a killer cab ;)

Neco_Coneco

Enemy Chaser
sven666 said:
its a great cab alright.. but for $1300.. thats alot dude.

why not renovate your egret?
e nice custom paintjob and youve got a killer cab ;)

I tried it still looks like crap. I just painted it with rust oleum metal paint but it didnt come out to well. I already fixed it up greatly from the crap AI sent me last year. New power supply buttons joystick. Overall though I am just not happy with it. This is why I want a brand new one I know it will look perfect when I get it :)

I wish I had the talent eppo has his blue painted candy looked fantastic :)

Well if i buy a galaxy I will sell my Egret for like 200 or something. Hopefully someone will take it seeing as I fixed it up and I originally paid 450 plus shipping for it last year ;(

Last edited:

quadmasta

New Challenger
Neco_Coneco said:
You should buy them then sell them :p I would pay you 700+ for it :)

Too bad they did not have a warehouse here:(

If you can get a group together let me know since I plan to buy mine come June.

So far, there's you and me. Gotta find a couple more people :) Lemme try to dig up the exact info. I'll edit this post when I hunt it down.

Brian

Edit: That didn't take long. I found the information. 18 29" Galaxy cabinets will fit into one container. So gotta find 16 more interested parties. I can't afford to buy all the cabinets by myself so it'd kinda have to be a group buy deal. One of my friends may be interested in a cab too. They'd be $650 each plus destination shipping.

Last edited:

Neco_Coneco

Enemy Chaser
Maybe you should post this in general and any gaming related web site we can think of. I am sure we could find 15 more people. SInce these are brand new I am sure people would be interested.If you think 650 plus shiping is still under 1k for a new cab shipped sounds really good :)

quadmasta

New Challenger
Maybe a moderator can move it. Shipping from the east coast to the west coast would be no more than $350 through ForwardAir. I'd have to call North American Van Lines to get specific quotes on shipping. They're usually cheaper.

quadmasta

New Challenger
I just talked with a sales rep. The cost of the cabinets has gone up about $100 from when I first got a price quote but they now offer a 5% discount on a full container order.

I also found out that when the container is ordered, other things from the China location could be included in the container and it wouldn't affect shipping costs to the US. I'm still not sure on final prices but I'd assume it would be around $1000 after final destination charges for only a cabinet. Obviously if you order more than one cabinet that'd be more and if you order more parts that'd be more too.

Let's get this going. I'm pretty stoked :)