Playable Fatal Fury characters

I just recently bought the original Fatal Fury for my consolized MVS system. I was wondering if you could play as anyone other than Terry, Andy, or Joe. I know you can on the Genesis version. Someone please tell me that you can play as the other characters on the Neo. I know this might be a funny question to some. I just never owned the original FF on the Neo unti now. Thanks.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Nope, only on SNES and Genesis. But I'd still rather play as only those 3 on MVS, than all the other characters on the even clunkier ports.

snesaes

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
On the versus mode on SNES, player 1 has to be Andy, Terry, or Joe, but player 2 can be anyone including Geese. It's probably the same way on the other versions as well. It doesn't really matter though since FF sucks on SNES as it is.

DaveGeorge

NEST Puppet
The mega drive version lets player 1 select any character as well in Vs-mode. At least it did in the PAL version.

Actually all versions of the first Fatal Fury are quite bad, including the neo geo. Snk really improved the series with the release of FF2, but why did the exclude the 2 vs 1 option which was so much fun in the first game?

moonwhistle

Tung's Hair Stylist
I agree the first Fatal Fury game is very poor on any system, the controls are horribly unforgiving and the gamelplay is ridiculously cheap.

Everything was great from FF2 onwards.....

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
David Thompson said:
I just recently bought the original Fatal Fury for my consolized MVS system. I was wondering if you could play as anyone other than Terry, Andy, or Joe. I know you can on the Genesis version. Someone please tell me that you can play as the other characters on the Neo. I know this might be a funny question to some. I just never owned the original FF on the Neo unti now. Thanks.
Just be glad you don't have the, Aes set up with the copy of the u.s version. The art work for it's cover is ugly as hell... :oh_no:

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
Fatal Fury 1 is still worth playing at least a couple times just to see the story.

El Capitan

Mai's Apprentice
ANy collection isn't compete without the FF series, and that includes FF