Please help: I got a problem with my coin slot.

Ni8wing

n00b
I got a problem with my coin slot.

The coin microswitches (the microswitch that reads the coin) are locked for some reason. When I put it on test menu for my third strike and put it on the input menu, the coins are always pressing and they never release. It's weird because the coin microswitches are doing the opposite. When I press the metal wire on the coin microswitch the button is "off" and when I don't press anything the button stays "on". This is happening with all my coin microswitches on all the arcade cabinets I worked on. When I connect a pushbutton microswitch to the coin wires it works normally. It's off when I do nothing and it's on when I press it. Again this happens with all the cabinets I worked on and I used different coin microswitches. Even a brand new one I bought today.

So does any one know how to fix this?

Thanks in advanced.

jew90

Geese's Thug
Hi there,

I can't remember the last time I worked on a mechanical coin mechanisim.

However, most microswitches have 3 prongs.

Common
NC (Normally Close)
NO (Normally Open)

You wire it up to Common and either NC or NO depending on which way around you want the switch to work, if you use Common and NO the switch closes when you press it, if you use Common and NC the switch opens when you press it.

It sounds like you are using the NC terminal instead of the NO terminal of the microswitch..