Please help me with my Neo Geo 4 Slot MVS Cabinet

lidiaandmichael

Crazed MVS Addict
Hey all,

I just recieved my 4 slot Neo-Geo MVS cabinet a few weeks ago.
I am sure this will sound like a real dumb question, but I cannot figure out how the hell do I open the front of the cabinet to change out the MVS games? :very_ang: I just dont want to pull or break anything. I dont know how and I would love some help because I have to go in through the back and that not very fun or safe. I have got shocked once and that is enough. So please help and I know I am a noob for this.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
lidiaandmichael said:
Hey all,

I just recieved my 4 slot Neo-Geo MVS cabinet a few weeks ago.
I am sure this will sound like a real dumb question, but I cannot figure out how the hell do I open the front of the cabinet to change out the MVS games? :very_ang: I just dont want to pull or break anything. I dont know how and I would love some help because I have to go in through the back and that not very fun or safe. I have got shocked once and that is enough. So please help and I know I am a noob for this.

Is it a dedicated 4 slot cab or a conversion? Also depends on where the board is mounted. I've seen some where they actually open the CP and remove/insert games and other from the back on the bottom.

dark penguin

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
There are a few snaplock fasteners that can easily be undone and redone by hand. If you open the coin door and reach up to underside of the control panel you'll be able to feel them and undo them. The control panel will lift up and give you full access to the motherboard.

I had the same problem when I first got my cab :D

lidiaandmichael

Crazed MVS Addict
I sit there looking and I was thinking there has to be a easy way to do this. So I did a little pulling and tugging to no avail. I will try that tonight:buttrock: /tomorrow. Thanks

dark penguin

lidiaandmichael said:
I sit there looking and I was thinking there has to be a easy way to do this. So I did a little pulling and tugging to no avail. I will try that tonight:buttrock: /tomorrow. Thanks

No problem...feel towards the outer edge of the panel's underside, you won't be able to miss them. You can also open the entire back up with a screwdriver to get at the power supply and back end of the motherboard, monitor, etc.

But go thru the front if you just want to switch up the games...much easier.

lidiaandmichael

Crazed MVS Addict
Yes it is done! Thank you somuch for your help. Now if I can find copies of Andro Dunos, Blazing Star, Zed Blade and Prehistoric Isle> Thanks

druchri

New Challenger
Yeah, good info. I also tried the guess and check method at first. :D

lidiaandmichael

Crazed MVS Addict
Now all I need to do is try and turn the volume up. I hope the speakers arent going bad. If they are does anyone know of real good replacement ones? Also I I have 25" moniter (I didnt quite measure) what if I want to replace it. How much would it cost for a good one and who sells them?

dark penguin

lidiaandmichael said:
Now all I need to do is try and turn the volume up. I hope the speakers arent going bad. If they are does anyone know of real good replacement ones? Also I I have 25" moniter (I didnt quite measure) what if I want to replace it. How much would it cost for a good one and who sells them?

Volume's on the left front edge of the motherboard. Should be a slider switch or whatever they're called. I'm not the authority on monitors, unfortunately, but there are lots of helpful folks around the tech forum that are. I know lots of places online sell arcade monitors, though.

druchri

New Challenger
I'm not very keen on monitors either, but here's one site:

http://www.happcontrols.com

This site is pretty great for parts like joysticks and push buttons, so I'd imagine their monitors are legit, although expensive. Hope that helps. :)

spanks_4

n00b
i just got my cab about a week ago and was completely clueless about the cp/volume issue. so i just started touching things and looking for indication of things.

figured it out finally.

lidiaandmichael

Crazed MVS Addict
Hi me again,

How do I make it free play? I am now trying to figure that out. Thanks again for all of your help it is greatly appreciated!

druchri

New Challenger
To turn on free play you need to turn on one of the DIP switches. I could be wrong, but it should be one of the last ones, 7 I think. In case you didn't know, DIPs control a few features such as the test menu and things of that nature. They are located on the outside of the board and all you need to do is flip the correct one into the on position. Hope that helps :)