POLICENAUTS your thoughts (if your japanese please read!)

RVF400

Host for Orochi
well i recently got a lovely boxed white saturn off ebay, it came with a game called policenauts, i had NO idea what this game was so i was like yeah cool whatever. got the saturn last week and have been playing kofs and other stuff on it when suddenly i thought i would pop policenauts in just to see what it is. it started with the title screen, the music! i recognised it instantly from MGS then i realised this is the same guy that did snatcher. so i played it, i have NO japanese experience and i have no idea what was going on through the game but i carried on with it for over a week SOLID. i completed it yesterday and i am so happy and sad at the same time, im sad cos i don't completely understand the story and also that this beutiful game is over :( .

anyway if you know japanese of have played this game and know the story can you please give me a detailed explanaition what happened?.
why was my spacesuit sabotaged?
why did my friends set me up?
what was all this drugs and artificial blood stuff about?

damn i have so many questions and no answers!.

Yeah I've got a "thought" on POLICENAUGHTS RVF400 and that's that KONAMI and their punk asses should've taken my signature along with the other 10,000 + ppl who signed that "Bring Policenaughts To America" Petition back in late '97 - 99 for the PSone. Of course here we are in 2K4 and still no Policenaughts... which sucks because they had originally planned to release it and were about 90% done with the Engrish translations/text before it got canned. :blow_top: *They need to bring it out on the PS2 or XBOX, along with SNATCHER, but they won't because their lame ass faggots who deserve a Metal Schlong rammed up their arse without lube.

MD20XX / Storm Rider

RVF400

Host for Orochi
i am all for that but only if it isn't cut like most of there remakes are, i heard of the missing scenes in snatcher, i am playing it right now, its noway near as nice and intresting as policenauts even though i have no fucking idea what happened!

RVF400

Host for Orochi
thanks but i have been there it doesn't explain enough!, there are so many holes in the story!

RVF400

Host for Orochi
was this game not that popular?, if you haven't played it then GO PLAY IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!, its as good if not better than snatcher!

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Policenauts is a great game. Great Great Great game!!!
I want US release :(

RVF400 said:
was this game not that popular?, if you haven't played it then GO PLAY IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!, its as good if not better than snatcher!

I've mostly always wanted to play the game for the Meryl Silverburg tie in... I want the back story on her, though it's a bit odd that she's in the future separate from how she got on Shadow Moses Island in MGS?

MD20XX / Storm Rider

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
I loved Snatcher on MegaCD, I've finished it like 5 times. I bought a Saturn in 96 because Policenauts was scheduled to have an English release for it. Now I am still waiting. I have the Japanese Saturn and PSX versions, but I just can't play them to the end. I think the furthest I played was right after the end of the prologue. I hate to do things blindly and not getting the story.

I still hope this game will be eventually translated, so I don't want to spoil it playing it in JPN. Or I might as well learn Japanese, or get a Japanese speaker to play it with me. I have faith. And patience.

RVF400

Host for Orochi
wow, so i must be pretty mad to finish it then!, i just kept pushing a a a a a aa aa a a a over and over through all the text!, i started to recognize the words so by the end i knew exactly what to do!, but i have a lot of holes to fill in on the story since i only know what i SAW not what i heard :crying: , play it anyway its a beutiful game

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
Policenauts is the best interactive movie game ever made and it perfected the FMV genre IMO. I beat the entire game on sega saturn, using a FAQ when I got stuck, don't know any japanese really, and it was still a blast. I was still able to follow the story by the great cinemas. One of the coolest parts is it supports the lightgun for the shooting parts, it also supports the saturn mouse too, but IMO the mouse is a bitch to use, the scroll is REALLY slow, the controller actually works better.

The game is NEVER going to come here, I mean just forget about it. The Saturn/PSX/3DO versions were all canceled in the USA back when they were going to come out. And if there ever was a market for that game here, it's gone now, I mean people bitch about counterstrike looking old, how are they going to treat a 2-D FMV game.

RVF400

Host for Orochi
i read last week that it is being re-released over here, im pretty sure its true aswell

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
MegaDrive 20XX said:
Yeah I've got a "thought" on POLICENAUGHTS RVF400 and that's that KONAMI and their punk asses should've taken my signature along with the other 10,000 + ppl who signed that "Bring Policenaughts To America" Petition back in late '97 - 99 for the PSone. Of course here we are in 2K4 and still no Policenaughts... which sucks because they had originally planned to release it and were about 90% done with the Engrish translations/text before it got canned. :blow_top: *They need to bring it out on the PS2 or XBOX, along with SNATCHER, but they won't because their lame ass faggots who deserve a Metal Schlong rammed up their arse without lube.

MD20XX / Storm Rider

Also what about Dracula X! :oh_no:

mog

Bead Banger
If the game was that good it seems like fans would have translated it.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Wait... how long did it take you to defuse the bomb when you didn't know what you were doing? That is impressive man!

-Nick

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
First of all, this game was just re-released in Japan, so this means there's still interest for it (at least in Japan). There were a lot of references to Policenauts in Metal Gear Solid. I still think a translation is possible, either official or fan-based. The fact that it is a CD game with also a lot of voices makes it a bit difficult to make a fan translation, but we will eventually see one. Or who knows, maybe in some years automatic translation is so good we might be able to use it for this game.

About the bomb and any other hard situation, there are faqs for it.

RVF400

Host for Orochi
the voices can stay jap i don't mind i think they sound great, i just want english text!.
the bomb took me fucking ages but i kept doing it over and over all boxing day!, snip 2 wires on left then pull the ball round the maze and past the white box, then unscrew the bolts in the right order which i found out!, but when i had to open it and snip more cables my flat mate was here and he translated to me the text, it hints you thorugh the entire thing aparently!, which pissed me off cos i was doing the trial and error thing for like 3 hours and all along my flat mate could read the fucking text!!!.

Below The Radar

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Good. I haven't touched my PSX copy in 2 years (I bought it from an anime convention and I'm keeping it til the day I die.) Now I got some use for it.

I posted the link on Shoryuken.com, but some SF playing half brain cocksucker had to make the first reply a "Who fucking cares?" flame and told him he shouldn't have posted if he didn't care. So I deleted the thread before it became a full scale flame war.

Last edited:

Retrogamer

Troller of Old Men,
20 Year Member
I have owned a copy of the Playstation version for about 5 years now , being a AVID Snatcher fan I just HAD to have it ...even though I cant understand but a few words of Nihongo . I have picked it up on many occasions and I am still stuck , I will never be able to enjoy this game unless a English version is released .

The most potent part of the Snatcher experience was the STORY .... truly amazing and I am sure the same goes for Policenauts , I hope someday I can enjoy the story at its fullest .

just a little tidbit for you ...when you meet Otacon in the first MGS and he is talking about anime and you see some anime sequences , those are actually scenes from Policenauts .
Hideo Kojima always intertwines videogames in some way .

George

RVF400

Host for Orochi
where are you stuck?, i can help!. i playing snatcher now i got to the outer heaven and i am interviewing the wolf geezer in act2, how far to go?

Retrogamer

Troller of Old Men,
20 Year Member
RVF400 said:
where are you stuck?, i can help!. i playing snatcher now i got to the outer heaven and i am interviewing the wolf geezer in act2, how far to go?

quite a ways . Best game EVER !

hope you are playing this one in english .