Portable 8-Bit Video Synth

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Looks really nice, I'd love to have something like that to make vids for my tracks. Then again, I own several 8bit computers and know a thing or two about programming and "chiptune" music making so I guess I could make something like that with my C64, Speccy or MSX as well.

The 10k goal has been reached already but that doesn't mean that it will be available anytime soon. I've backed a few music tech-related projects over the last few years and not all of them turned out like expected.

Still, interesting stuff, wish it would have RGB, though, composite sucks.

potetoboy

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I've backed a few music tech-related projects over the last few years and not all of them turned out like expected.

Still, interesting stuff, wish it would have RGB, though, composite sucks.

Yeah it's always a gamble with these kickstarters - especially with tech stuff..
and yes, RGB would've sealed the deal for me.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Yeah it's always a gamble with these kickstarters - especially with tech stuff..
and yes, RGB would've sealed the deal for me.

I've checked a few things about the machine and found that the audio/chiptune part seems to be quite underpowered. You'll be able to make some basic bleepy 8bit sounds but the lack of a proper arpeggiator and wavetables (C64-style) is a bit of a letdown. Still, the fact that you can control the thing with MIDI CCs is cool. Not sure whether it's $200 cool, let's see how it turns out.