Possibility of Mario being mascot of the 2020 Olympic Games

Tanooki

War Room Troll
I know it doesn't help where I come from, but honestly I think the whole lot of the mascots have become more artistic and more awful by the games with the last one being pretty cool being the 1984 LA Olympics Sam the Eagle. That one at least looked like a normal cartoon with some home field style to it that made sense. You don't have some weird odd squishes, circles, artistic swishes or other forgettable crap.

Setsuna1982

World Her,
Captain Tsubasa appearing out of nowhere was like "HOLY SHIT". Was expecting Ashita No Joe or Ippo instead of PacMan with the boxer, seemed appropiate.

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
I know it doesn't help where I come from, but honestly I think the whole lot of the mascots have become more artistic and more awful by the games with the last one being pretty cool being the 1984 LA Olympics Sam the Eagle. That one at least looked like a normal cartoon with some home field style to it that made sense. You don't have some weird odd squishes, circles, artistic swishes or other forgettable crap.

Yeah, Sam is so iconic and downright patriotic.

Shame the same can't be said for Whatizit/Izzy's legacy...

Izzy%27sQuestForTheOlympicRings.jpg

Tanooki

War Room Troll
That's the little blue disgrace, ugh. It doesn't even qualify for a B-grade shitty 90s cartoon that dies in half a season.

I've got a Sam the Eagle 8" around here still in the old plastic bag from over 30 years ago. Sadly they're not worth crap, guess they were too over produced. I know my mom has a coke pin thing in a frame from a limited contest for that 84 games too with Sam holding a flag for every country that year in the summer games.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Will,the Japanese push for baseball to be in the olympics again? I miss that.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Will,the Japanese push for baseball to be in the olympics again? I miss that.

I believe that, softball, street skating, surfing, karate, and something else (sports climbing?) will be part of the Tokyo Olympics

Last edited: