Post up your motorcycle(s) thread

Mike26

McWow,
Hells yea!

Post up your 2 wheeled beast, mainly motorcycles, but scooters and mopeds are cool too. Let's see 'em.​

~Mine!~

Hey guys, I just settled out in Los Angeles from New Jersey this month, and I needed some transportation.

I've had my license for over a year now and have owned a bunch of mopeds over the years, some Honda Elites and Yamaha Riva's ranging from 150cc to 250cc. But out here in Los Angeles I wsa ready to bump up to something more practical, so i purchased a 1980 kawasaki kz250 single:
IMG_20120929_134535.jpg

IMG_20120926_203009-1.jpg

it is small, agile, slow but quick off the line. Basically for around town riding this thing rocks. For the highways, no way. I like to take it mountain carving around Laurel Canyon Blvd into Mulholland over looking hollywood/downtown/valley.

I've been riding this for a few weeks but my sister's boyfriend who I live with really loves it, so I offered him to buy it from me which he has taken up on.

So while searching for a better ride 3 days ago I came across a klr650 2007 in neglected shape but running fine:

UtvTy.jpg

u74jk.jpg

8LjGG.jpg

There's a ton of work to do on it, but i'm just getting used to the 35 inch inseam on my 5'8" height is really tough, at red lights i need to stand on my tiptoes to touch the ground. Lowering kit is probably necessary.

Last edited:

aria

Former Moderator
If you want a fun road that's closer, I recommend "The Snake" in the mountains above Malibu.

Look up the Rock Store for where it is. Good place for a meal. I drive fun cars in those hills but its very popular with various bikers. Ran into Leno last time I was up there.

SSS

neo retired
I also hope you've invested in gear. I ride with a full upper body armor vest and a high vis cordura touring suit.

There's a Dainese store south of LA. They make the best gear on the market. Stuff is expensive, but so is hospital bills.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
motorcycle.jpg

no gear.... just a helmet and steel toe doc martens in the summer and a helmet, boots, and a leather jacket in the winter.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
I also hope you've invested in gear. I ride with a full upper body armor vest and a high vis cordura touring suit.

There's a Dainese store south of LA. They make the best gear on the market. Stuff is expensive, but so is hospital bills.

i was just thinking about biker gear earlier after i saw a group of bikers out today in just t-shirts

i have no inclination whatsoever to ride a motorcycle, but i can see the appeal

but what i honestly can't even begin to fathom is why people ride them without protective clothing on

i don't know about most people, but i'd rather not have the skin on my arms be ground to the bone when some idiot driver clips me off my bike and i slide on the pavement for several feet

PunkicCyborg

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
I started with a Kawasaki w-650 with some cafe racer mods then sold it for a triumph daytona 600 which i destroyed then traded the parts for 2 new astro city cabs
I miss riding but yeah I was never that great at it nor could i keep up with my riskier friends. I guess it's not for me and I cant kill my self playing some arcade games.

SSS

neo retired
i was just thinking about biker gear earlier after i saw a group of bikers out today in just t-shirts

but what i honestly can't even begin to fathom is why people ride them without protective clothing on

i don't know about most people, but i'd rather not have the skin on my arms be ground to the bone when some idiot driver clips me off my bike and i slide on the pavement for several feet

There's a pretty common adage "sweat dries faster than skin heals". A lot of the kids you see on sports bikes wearing sneakers and t shirts (known as squids) probably just got their endorsement and have never downed their bike. There's a sense of invincibility.

Obviously no amount of gear will save you from a sudden impact. Anything over 40 something is potentially fatal. But definitely wearing boots and other gear may allow you to walk away from a low side sore but intact, vs looking like you rubbed a cheese grater all over.

As for the dude's on cruisers wearing skull cap helmets. They're usually well aware of the risk, they just don't give a shit. Also their riding style is usually less aggressive cause their bikes aren't meant for corners.

Riding in Cali is awesome though. Roads are usually well maintained and it's the only state where you can legally lane split. While all the folks in cars are stuck in bumper to bumper, you can ride the dashed line and be on your way.

Cornerb0y

Krauser's Henchman
IMG_20121021_145413.jpg

IMG_20121021_145741.jpg

Currently working on these two beast with my father in law. The Yamaha is a lot closer to being done then the Honda...

sp3ctr3

Mr. Big's Thug
I got a 250cc chinese bike next to free. Real nice as I got my license this year and didn't have money for a proper bike. It's better than nothing. Spent the summer making it look not as shitty as when I got it. It still is a piece of crap though.

before:
Konced_1.jpg

after:
Konced_6.JPG

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
Wyclef-Jean-on-his-Ducati-010.jpg

j/k about above :lolz:

here you go:

duc848evo1.jpg

Last edited:

krautcroissant

Living it LARGE!,
I lolled at Zardoz's first picture...very good. The second picture got a whislote from me... nice ride man!

I love bikes... I gradually taught myself when living in Asia, going from a 125 to a 150 and then last year I realised a dream of mine and got me a brand spank Versys. It is a beast... I ride high up and feel like I am on a fuckin horse. Plenty of power and great handling/cornering.

As for gear...yeah, boots, kevlar jeans with padding and a jacket! I usually sweat my tits off around Thailand and Vietnam, but still better than falling without!

photo hosting sites

Mike26

McWow,

What's funny to me is finding out that the reason Motorcycle Insurance is so cheap is because it doesn't cover Personal Injury. Basically if you get injured on the motorcycle, e.g. do bodily harm to yourself, you are going to the hospital under your health insurance, not your vehicle.

Basically a ton of riders I see everyday don't have jobs, obviously do not have medical insurance. They are fucked for life if they injure themselves. Come to think of it, so am I in a couple of months.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Still have 2. Almost went to 3 this year, but I need to get rid of a streetfighter first.

image001.jpg

image002.jpg

image003.jpg

Last edited:

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
GT, that pic makes me want to ride over to viDeogameX and say "sup!?"

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Welp. I am now part of the No Motorcycle club. My Ducati was stolen over the weekend. It's a good reminder to double down on security. Air Tags, GPS trackers, Wheel locks....anything to be a deterrent.

I have a good relationship with the only Ducati service in the area, but in talking to some other victims, there are some known cycle chop shops they probably just parted it out.

37902_1530322861830_1162892_n.jpg

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Man, that sucks so much. How the hell did it get stolen? Really hoping you can get justice.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Welp. I am now part of the No Motorcycle club. My Ducati was stolen over the weekend. It's a good reminder to double down on security. Air Tags, GPS trackers, Wheel locks....anything to be a deterrent.

I have a good relationship with the only Ducati service in the area, but in talking to some other victims, there are some known cycle chop shops they probably just parted it out.

View attachment 67353
You just can not have nice things anymore because there are so many shit bags still alive out there. Sorry for your lost, was it insured.