Post Your Recent Purchases!

omegasit

Crossed Swords Squire
So many people with cabinets. I need to get in on that action one day.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
very interested to hear how the bandridge goes, i'm thinking about getting a couple

I don't have anything negative to say about it. I was switching out cables every time I wanted to change systems. Now I have my most commonly-played systems permanently hooked up. I don't see any degradation in video quality, it's a manual switch so it doesn't require a power supply, and it just has one set of audio-out jacks on the back so it also acts as an audio switch if you're using an external sound system. The AV port on the front is pretty useless, but that doesn't matter.

NucaCola

Rugal's Thug
Hmm fake carts or real?

No one will ever know.

EDIT: Also, it's Ninja Master's.

The people who say "Ninja Master" are the type of people who come into the market place saying

"I offer 400€ for Ninja Master

ReGaRdS"
They were real alright, they let me look at the cart, case, everything. They were asking $899.95 for it though, WAY out of my price range.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Got a broken AV Famicom and finally managed to fix it yesterday. Love it!

TheWizard

n00b
I got the first three Phantasy Stars on the GBA. Some great games (other than 3...which I wouldn't recommend anyone playing.)

mehguy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
I got the first three Phantasy Stars on the GBA. Some great games (other than 3...which I wouldn't recommend anyone playing.)

Phantasy star games are good RPGS. The graphics hold up very well in the first one.

unofficialitguy

Hardened Shock Trooper
Finally got ahold of a complete copy of Crystalis. Great game :)

Indeed! I just got my copy out of storage (cart only and not anywhere near as nice of condition as yours is in.) Last time I played it I was trying to do a play though over the course of two days off. I made it to Joel and decided to take a break. Turned it back on and the battery save was wiped out. I'm pretty sure it was either the battery in the cart or the Famiclone I was using (Retro Duo)

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
Be sure to hold Reset while powering the system off. Otherwise the savegame could be erased.
Also Crystalis has a weird load procedure. When you select 'Continue' from the title screen you still have to go to the menu (Select then Start) and use Load in order to load the last savegame. I guess they just messed up the continue function on the title screen.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
i never got to play crystalis as a kid but got a copy a few years ago. never did complete it but it was a really bad ass game... hate to say it but i much preferred it to zelda.

KRiSX

King's Dry Cleaner
I don't have anything negative to say about it. I was switching out cables every time I wanted to change systems. Now I have my most commonly-played systems permanently hooked up. I don't see any degradation in video quality, it's a manual switch so it doesn't require a power supply, and it just has one set of audio-out jacks on the back so it also acts as an audio switch if you're using an external sound system. The AV port on the front is pretty useless, but that doesn't matter.

awesome, was mainly concerned about degradation in quality so thats good to know

thanks!

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Phantasy star games are good RPGS. The graphics hold up very well in the first one.

Be careful, that cart is notorious for deleting saves. I had a PSII save with over 60 hours logged on it and across all the save slots, still got erased. Now I don't touch the cart, just sits on the shelf.

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
Interesting. I played through all 3 games myself and didn't have that issue. On the other hand, there's a bug in 1 where it might freeze when trying to save the game. You won't lose your save, but you lose your progress since the previous save. Happened to me a least a few times. There's a few postings online claiming that it happens when trying to save while the music is looping, but I want to say I had it happen when that wasn't the case. :crying:

marcio1986

Cheng's Errand Boy
Not quite a purchase, more of a scam since I told Atro I would trade it for a PCB he's looking for (I LIED! :keke:)

Here is the supergun he made for me using a shell of a dead Sega Saturn. Since I'm very low on space I made 4 tiny holes on the Saturn to screw the MVS Board.

Thanks for this piece of awesomeness Atro ;)

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
Not quite a purchase, more of a scam since I told Atro I would trade it for a PCB he's looking for (I LIED! :keke:)

Here is the supergun he made for me using a shell of a dead Sega Saturn. Since I'm very low on space I made 4 tiny holes on the Saturn to screw the MVS Board.

Thanks for this piece of awesomeness Atro ;)

as neat as that is, somebody wrecked a Saturn case to make it, and that brings tears to my Sega loving eyes, apart from that looks pretty sweet

Xionicist

NEST Puppet
Recently not too much, but I did finally track a down a Joust cocktail last month.

1005551_808765052476603_6307151004700512479_n.jpg

Xionicist

NEST Puppet
nice scoop! Looks super clean

Amazingly so. The dude had owned it for 22 years apparently, where it sat in the same corner of his living room the entire time.

Outside of a cap kit, new t-molding, and a bit of cleaning, I haven't needed to touch anything else. Might do the 4164 RAM mod just to bulletproof it.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler

I have one of these SCART switches, and i have only run into one issue with it. If i am using port 3 (pc duo-r) i noticed that the power light on my JVC X'eye (port 5) lights up. I talked to Broken about it, and he advised me that its an issue that doesnt affect everyone, and theres a way you can fix it by cutting one of the traces on the circuit board. Heres a link that explains it better

http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=48460

shiryu7

Quiz Detective
This just came in the mail for me the other day. Searched for a long while until this one finally surfaced. This and few other of my toys will have to hold me over until I have the space and funds for a real cabinet someday...

14829296895_9ece186ebf_c.jpg

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
36 pack of Charmin toilet paper on amazon...super rare!