Post Your Recent Purchases!

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Yeah I didn't care much for the GG screen either, somehow it ends up being worse than even the Game Boy screen.

Skips

Belnar Institute Student
It gets a tad bit better if you backlight it with a DSi screen but is still bad.

Last edited:

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Oh yeah, got a bunch of NGPC stuff. Thanks to rbjake for a couple of the games and the glorious link cable, gotta get a few duplicate games for it.

KJAAOoK.jpg

Ninjainspandex

Sakura's Bank Manager
Yeah I didn't care much for the GG screen either, somehow it ends up being worse than even the Game Boy screen.
The Majesco Game Gear screen is much better, has a lot less blurring. But I still wish someone could figure out how to put a modern LCD screen in there without it looking like a postage stamp.

MidnightMonkey

Loyal Neo-Disciple
The issue with the "postage stamp" effect has to do with the resolution difference in modern 3.5" LCDs. Unless you can figure out a way to upscale the input before it hits the LCD controller, or find an LCD that displays 160x144, it's not going to change. Honestly, it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make because the original screen is just SO BAD.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
It must just be a mystery....

My point was that now that I want it back it is going to cost me a lot, not that I wish I had sold it for more. I did a good deal for a bunch of games to a member on here, I didn't flip it on eBay for as much as I could get.

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
My point was that now that I want it back it is going to cost me a lot, not that I wish I had sold it for more. I did a good deal for a bunch of games to a member on here, I didn't flip it on eBay for as much as I could get.

Probably just poorly phrased then :)

lantus360

Fu'un-Ken Master
I'm curious, those don't have keyed Jamma edges. Are these Korean versions or bootlegs? I notice that one looks to have a foil sticker but the board layout looks different.

they are boots.

this is what an OG board should look like

nHv540yl.jpg

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Similar situation to the “Korean made for Korea” Raizing Mahou boards, my guess is that it’s in that grey area of "licensed by Irem”.

ulyses31

Crazed MVS Addict
Just bought these on a little store, now I'll be able to try to play some games with my wife :glee:

Ninjainspandex

Sakura's Bank Manager
I'm curious, those don't have keyed Jamma edges. Are these Korean versions or bootlegs? I notice that one looks to have a foil sticker but the board layout looks different.

They are Korean boards yes. Its not uncommon in that time for arcade games to be officially made in Korea, much like all those funky Korean MVS carts.

Last edited:

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
The Majesco Game Gear screen is much better, has a lot less blurring. But I still wish someone could figure out how to put a modern LCD screen in there without it looking like a postage stamp.
Agreed, I had a GG "in the day" when it was near the end of its life, screen was garbage. Picked up a Majesco last year and it's significantly better.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
they are boots.

this is what an OG board should look like
Those PCB's are both original boards. A lot of notches are cut into boards post arcade op - he can cut them if he chooses, but as long as they are inserted into the harness right side up there's no reason to.

NBB is booted often - generally on a very small pcb. That is the official Korean version.

Last edited:

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
Those PCB's are both original boards. A lot of notches are cut into boards post arcade op - he can cut them if he chooses, but as long as they are inserted into the harness right side up there's no reason to.

NBB is booted often - generally on a very small pcb. That is the official Korean version.

This has been my understanding too. Korean region legit boards. I have a bootleg NBB and Mike's right, a small board that looks nothing like the originals.

Ninjainspandex

Sakura's Bank Manager
I remember reading somewhere that the Koreans really don't like the Japanese and don't like buying goods made in Japan. So often Japanese companies would license their products to be made in Korea there are some Sega Consoles that are like this, they look kind of funky because they were made in Korea by Samsung but totally legit and officially licensed by SEGA.

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
Recently upgraded to a Model 1 HD Genesis w/ the extender to go with my Model 2 CD:

Dic04xr.jpg

Love it. Volume slider knob is missing, but no bigge. I have a Model 2, but needed to invest in a Model 1 after upgrading my speakers. The Model 2 produced an awful buzz that didn't bother me much until I had better speakers.

Last edited: