Post Your Recent Purchases!

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
it's gotta be less 'cause deep down he knows he doesn't need it...edit: maybe it's not even deep down, it could be right at the tip of his tongue thus the secrecy, lol.

Last edited:

Vidfreaky

New Challenger
Yaton is an ebay seller, notorious for selling carts in the most horrid of conditions, although they are always cheap. He is also located in Canada

Well I suppose it may have come from him at some point, but I picked this up at a retro game store locally. I've got the local stores on the lookout for MVS stuff for me. Got a call that this came in. :) And genuine boards with a holo label I didn't really even care what title or condition it was in for $20.

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I've never really seen the finished product of the CPS2 multi boards. Nice look, very clean. Is loading and swapping games a breeze? fast?

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Well I suppose it may have come from him at some point, but I picked this up at a retro game store locally. I've got the local stores on the lookout for MVS stuff for me. Got a call that this came in. :) And genuine boards with a holo label I didn't really even care what title or condition it was in for $20.

Also, $20 CAD is like $2 USD so I'd say that's a pretty sweet deal.

Edit: saw you said it was $14 usd. Still a fun, playable game.

Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I've never really seen the finished product of the CPS2 multi boards. Nice look, very clean. Is loading and swapping games a breeze? fast?

A breeze? Yeah. Fast? No. Basically, you push up and down on that LCD panel to select the game, and hit the button to program. It takes a few minutes. Then reset and it will boot the new game.

Still, it takes less time to load the game than it would take for me to remove a CPS2 board, put it away, pull the other CPS2 board out, seat it, turn it on only to have it not work, pull it out, reseat it again, then finally power it on.

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
A breeze? Yeah. Fast? No. Basically, you push up and down on that LCD panel to select the game, and hit the button to program. It takes a few minutes. Then reset and it will boot the new game.

Still, it takes less time to load the game than it would take for me to remove a CPS2 board, put it away, pull the other CPS2 board out, seat it, turn it on only to have it not work, pull it out, reseat it again, then finally power it on.

I've tried google, are they all sold out? is he doing any runs in the future?

lions3

Igniz's Servent
well assembly looks pretty strait forward. If I still had a cab, I would probably have to save up for one of those.

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
well assembly looks pretty strait forward. If I still had a cab, I would probably have to save up for one of those.

I'm just not in the mood for another project right now, I mean ok sure I'd probably enjoy putting it together, but nothing I make is going to look as good as the one in that picture up there. I'm curious where he got that one specifically, I'm starting to think he special ordered it directly from darksoft

Last edited:

lions3

Igniz's Servent
I'm just not in the mood for another project right now, I mean ok sure I'd probably enjoy putting it together, but nothing I make is going to look as good as the one in that picture up there. I'm curious where he got that one specifically, I'm starting to think he special ordered it directly from darksoft

It's just a Blue board with a new sticker attached. The darksoft control board on top is in a 3d printed case and there's probably a small slot cut under the controller board to feed the ribbon cable back inside.

EDIT: here's the 3d printed case for the controls on thingiverse. Happy to print it if anyone needs one for their system. http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:857175

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Let's get on this Lions, let's du it! I've been negligent to pull the plug 'cause I've read horror stories about it, but maybe we can get a good set up going, it would be awesome, CPS2 is heaven...

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Yaton is an ebay seller, notorious for selling carts in the most horrid of conditions, although they are always cheap. He is also located in Canada

I bought this cart from a guy in mexico
I think the cart condition is equal or worse than Yaton

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
prolly run4border, lol He did sell some minty MSlug2s and Xs though...oh yeah and some KOF99s as well but this was eons ago.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
It's just a Blue board with a new sticker attached. The darksoft control board on top is in a 3d printed case and there's probably a small slot cut under the controller board to feed the ribbon cable back inside.

EDIT: here's the 3d printed case for the controls on thingiverse. Happy to print it if anyone needs one for their system. http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:857175

Hey, I could use one, been meaning to find out who made them. Just lemme know how much you want to print one.