Post Your Recent Purchases!

WNivek

Overtop Pathfinder
Nice pick!!!
(But MS2 doesnt have holo label :envy:)
Unless my eyes and/or visual cortex are playing tricks on me, the label does have a subtle holo effect, but it doesn't photograph well. In any case, though, the cut serials are a mark against it.

Last edited:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Obsolete AV haul! Went to go meet a dude from Craigslist to buy a laserdisc player and like 30 or 40 movies. Ended up stopping at a local store, finding another LD player (I've never even seen a player at a store before that day) and an older (but awesome) receiver. I LOVE this receiver.

attachment.php

You just made me want to get a ld player now.

MuppeT

War Room Troll
I still want to hear a scientific explanation for dampening feet. :keke:

The receiver sounds amazing though. I'm only using it to power a pair of huge inefficient power hungry speakers so I was really only looking for a decent power stereo amp, and this thing makes them sing. I'm sure it totally wasn't worth whatever it cost back in the day, but for less than a Ben I'm super happy.

Good pickup .. only bad thing is this particular one doesn't have the AC3 decoder for them LD players. LDs are sweet to have .. especially the ones with the great artwork.

uiengineer

Kasumi Todoh's Training Partner
needs a sound recap. i need to either find time to do it, or find someone reputable to fix it. For some reason, this US TD came with the JP 6 button pad
td.jpg

Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Good pickup .. only bad thing is this particular one doesn't have the AC3 decoder for them LD players. LDs are sweet to have .. especially the ones with the great artwork.

No biggy, I'll take lossless stereo over lossy DD any day. I don't even have rear speakers hooked up on either of my setups.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Finally got the Dimahoo art I was missing. I've bought this and a magical drop 3 cart in the last 10 months. Not much left on my want list.

26876994890_739821a0fb_c.jpg

27084032791_31584e8069_b.jpg

Tanooki

War Room Troll
neo-geo-mvs1.JPG

The above is why I finally made an account here instead of just randomly casually reading stuff over the last decade off and on as I've only used the arcade machine since they've been around (a lot in college rec room) and the NGPC.

Back on Sunday the 8th I picked this up. Pure dumb luck how it happened. I'm not really into facebook, but found out a group was in the area for gaming and put a request, as soon as it was accepted around 30~min of that this went up with a $700 price tag with 10 games. I got to talking with the guy, ultimately checked it out the night before in his basement and came to a deal for $500 cash + Dragon Warrior IV cart + Tokuguma english strategy guide (value $75) with it. Guy was awesome he even drove it to my place in his truck too and helped move it both ways.

2 slot cabinet as you can see. It came with 9 legit games and the 10th is the infamous 161in1 yellow cartridge. The previous owner and his friend(this guy) refurbs/repairs arcade cabinets. It's like 9/10 quality condition. Screen and audio perfect, all the guts are clean and amazing too, sticks and buttons, all of it. A select few dings on the sides and that's it you kind of have to look for except for one. The coin meter on it is just at 12.2K, mostly private use never had much time for people to beat on it. 19596 is the serial # on it from SNK.

It came with the mini marquees you can see plus a spanish one for BAM and spanish for Samurai Shodown II. Also SS2 and BAM have the mini posters both languages and SS2 has the moves bezel sticker (the multi has its too.) There's both sets of keys for the top and the coin doors. It came with all legit carts - Aerofighters 2, Sonic Wings 3(JP), Baseball Stars Professional, Bust-A-Move, King of Fighters 98, King of the Monsters, Metal Slug, Metal Slug 2, and Samurai Shodown II.

I've since picked up 5 games for it, 1 is here already and 4 outstanding from Mexico and Australia.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
View attachment 36192

The above is why I finally made an account here instead of just randomly casually reading stuff over the last decade off and on as I've only used the arcade machine since they've been around (a lot in college rec room) and the NGPC.

Back on Sunday the 8th I picked this up. Pure dumb luck how it happened. I'm not really into facebook, but found out a group was in the area for gaming and put a request, as soon as it was accepted around 30~min of that this went up with a $700 price tag with 10 games. I got to talking with the guy, ultimately checked it out the night before in his basement and came to a deal for $500 cash + Dragon Warrior IV cart + Tokuguma english strategy guide (value $75) with it. Guy was awesome he even drove it to my place in his truck too and helped move it both ways.

2 slot cabinet as you can see. It came with 9 legit games and the 10th is the infamous 161in1 yellow cartridge. The previous owner and his friend(this guy) refurbs/repairs arcade cabinets. It's like 9/10 quality condition. Screen and audio perfect, all the guts are clean and amazing too, sticks and buttons, all of it. A select few dings on the sides and that's it you kind of have to look for except for one. The coin meter on it is just at 12.2K, mostly private use never had much time for people to beat on it. 19596 is the serial # on it from SNK.

It came with the mini marquees you can see plus a spanish one for BAM and spanish for Samurai Shodown II. Also SS2 and BAM have the mini posters both languages and SS2 has the moves bezel sticker (the multi has its too.) There's both sets of keys for the top and the coin doors. It came with all legit carts - Aerofighters 2, Sonic Wings 3(JP), Baseball Stars Professional, Bust-A-Move, King of Fighters 98, King of the Monsters, Metal Slug, Metal Slug 2, and Samurai Shodown II.

I've since picked up 5 games for it, 1 is here already and 4 outstanding from Mexico and Australia.

Nice get, but why is Godzilla getting a handy?

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Finally got the Dimahoo art I was missing. I've bought this and a magical drop 3 cart in the last 10 months. Not much left on my want list.

gorgeous scoop there Chem, I'm also pretty much done with arcade wants. The only things I've gotten in the last 8 months were a GGX naomi cart, and a Wolf Fang pcb.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Hah good catch, and I really don't know. Well boring answer is camera angle. Potential angle, he'll do whatever he wants with the lights are off and the flash was a surprise to all. Perhaps MG2's rockets are crotch rockets.

lolifoxgirl: Plexi? There something wrong with it having glass over it? The only thing I suppose missing would be some black bezel under the glass so you can't see through there. It was temporarily there, in the corner it's staying in there's no light behind it so you don't even notice it.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Well, are you going to tell Godzilla that he can't get a handy? I'm not.

Ash Burton

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
After a year of restoration and about 5 months of trying to trouble shoot a monitor, I just ended up buying a replacement. Its Pizza Time!

Spoiler:

Last edited:

-SD-

Camel Slug
The Ninja Turtles cab looks fantastic; really great job you've done. I assume it's quite simple to swap the PCB over for the original game or The Simpsons?

kkcloak

n00b
After a year of restoration and about 5 months of trying to trouble shoot a monitor, I just ended up buying a replacement. Its Pizza Time!

i have a tmnt cabinet myself. [but do have the "in time" pcb that i switch once and a while ;)

IMG_0360.jpg

NeoGeoFanatic

Neo Geo Cup '98

This looks awesome! I've been keeping an eye out for a Konami cab to do this exact project. Congrats, man!

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Ahh both those turtles cabinets popping up here are old favorites (as is the Simpsons.) The work done there is stunning, it's like it rolled off the factory line like right now.

Yoshi

20 Year Member
Progear.png

For those who track these things, it was $409 inclusive of Priority Mail shipping, insurance, and Pay Pal fees and included the A-board. It's also still on battery.