Post Your Recent Purchases!

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
I love Sega CD's especially model 1's however those break too much. A great unit to play the three or four good games there are on it; such lost potential. If only we had more RPG's on it... Like an Alundra for SCD would be great. PS: I refuse to put a 32X on my machine; what an atrocity even though Blackthorne is lovely.
I also like the model 1 set up the best, bit harsh 3 or 4 good games on it though Loefye, i play a lot of mega cd games.
32x on the other hand, is a stinker and rightly slated.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I never gave the 32x a shot only because of the setup. Had Sega designed a all in one Genny/cd/32x console I would give it a shot. Even something like Gohan has would be fine. I was never a fan of add ons. The only add on I really dug was the Sega Cd Model 1 but you couldn't breathe on it without something messing up. Went through like 4 of them and finally gave up.

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
I never gave the 32x a shot only because of the setup. Had Sega designed a all in one Genny/cd/32x console I would give it a shot.

They were two-thirds (Genny+32X) of the way there with the design of the Neptune. But yeah, an all-in-one would have been great.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
A big thanks to SNK_Pro for trading this one with me. :)

jsqXxhT.jpg

Awesome

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
My latest SMS kick.
Was suprised how much this little gem is fetching nowaday's.
Picked this up for 40 quid, no manual though.
Rocked this and miracle warriors back in the day.
I'm not a massive jrpg fan but this is a class game considering it's age.
20161113_192904.jpg

SNK_Pro

Geese's Thug
Glad you're happy with it Diego, I've been loving getting back in to the Flying Power Disc I received from you. :buttrock:

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Chaotix. lol

Like a stubborn dog on a leash. It wants to go one way, and you're pulling it to go the other way.
Not my idea of fun. Next.

Yes, it addresses an acquired taste, doesn't it... and acquired skills, as well. If you never developed either, this game will insist on showing this fact. Too bad, indeed.

Larrs888

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I completely forgot I pre-ordered this back in July until I got an email from Amazon the other day, I'm so glad I did since it is sold out everywhere and scalpers are having a field day at the moment. Sadly Amazon didn't have the spare controllers up at the time so I will have to wait until they are re-stocked. Overall I'm very pleased, the only thing I dislike as others have said is that the controller cable is pathetically short hence why I have the console on the floor at the moment. I also would have preferred a cleaner scanline option instead of the crappy composite video CRT effect.

On the plus side the European version of this includes the USA ROMS so they are all played in 60Hz glory - Amazing Job Nintendo! (unlike the EU virtual console....)

IMG_5205.JPG

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
Still, I prefer the Mega CD soundtrack tho.

oh yeah, the cd sound track is killer. and double impact is actually far from my favourite port. it's just the best over all. i'll have to admit that final fight guy snes is my personal favourite :D. and final fight cd had that awesome time attack mode.

unofficialitguy

Hardened Shock Trooper
Amazing Job Nintendo! (unlike the EU virtual console....)

I have been seeing that this lil' console has a processor that outperforms an O.G. Wii console and the emulation is spot on and better than that of all previous NES emulators (VC or otherwise).

I wouldn't mind grabbing one of these for my living room :drool:

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
Yes, it addresses an acquired taste, doesn't it... and acquired skills, as well. If you never developed either, this game will insist on showing this fact. Too bad, indeed.

No.

You're assuming that I'm not a glutton for punishment. I've played it. Finished it.
Repetitive stages, awful nonsensical level design and Very annoying controls.

I will admit that the special stages are good. In fact turn the Special Stages into the WHOLE game and it's a good platformer, for sure! Those are the only part I really care for. The rest is pretty "meh" at best.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
No.

You're assuming that I'm not...

I'm not assuming anything. I just said, that the game is not for everyone to enjoy. I distaste a lot of games that savor broad agreement, I just don't consider my opinion about them to be the answer to everything. But that's just me...

Larrs888

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
double impact xbox live arcade, lol.

Does the PS3 PSN version of Final Fight Double Impact still have the awful DRM where you need to be signed in online all the time? I wouldn't mind having a blast on it.

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
I'm not assuming anything.

Didn't you previously say "lack of acquired skills", something or other? That sure sounds like an assumption to me.

I've finished the game. Have you? Except for the very last colored ring in the wired special stage, I managed to get all the rest.
No, I don't want a medal for that :p, but I'd say my "acquired skills" were pretty much on point. lol

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Didn't you previously say "lack of acquired skills", something or other? That sure sounds like an assumption to me.

Now you're assuming things... but if you insist to know, I was not referring to "gaming" skills, since we're talking about homely toys with this game, thought it was obvious. You can enjoy games for so many reasons, you lack those in regards to Chaotix. That's neither an assumption, nor is it a flaw. It just so happens, that my view differs, that's all, so how's the weather in Joburg?

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Does the PS3 PSN version of Final Fight Double Impact still have the awful DRM where you need to be signed in online all the time? I wouldn't mind having a blast on it.

I want to say it got patched out, but I'm not sure since I've never tried to play the game offline.

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
^^
Awful weather in terms of thunderstorms, lightning strikes and whatnot. Where you at? Hopefully the heavens are calmer in your neck of the woods.