Post Your Recent Purchases!

KRiSX

King's Dry Cleaner
$60 plus $10 shipping. Not terrible, but still sucks.

$20 cheaper than i paid for my copy, however i got a nice holo label and it fits in my omega lol

i've only got 1 or 2 carts that are a tight fit on the omega luckily

did you check and see if its a legit board n everything?

Larrabee

Kuroko's Training Dummy
$20 cheaper than i paid for my copy, however i got a nice holo label and it fits in my omega lol

i've only got 1 or 2 carts that are a tight fit on the omega luckily

did you check and see if its a legit board n everything?

Yep. Legit. And he refunded $10. So I guess a working Blazing Star for $60 is good. Also reseated the pcbs. Fits better now.

Last edited:

jets10

n00b
The neo cd defaults to the CD player prog. There's a choice in there called game mode. Have you clicked on that?

Thanks for the reply. Where is it located? Do you have a screen shot or something to show me? Because the only menu with any choices on it that I can see is the memory menu, but none of them do anything.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Thanks for the reply. Where is it located? Do you have a screen shot or something to show me? Because the only menu with any choices on it that I can see is the memory menu, but none of them do anything.

I'll get you a pic when I get home.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,

Are you hitting Start or Select? Select is what you want to be pressing to access everything on the CD

jets10

n00b
I'm pretty sure I've tried hitting every button when it's on the CD player screen haha. But I'll try again when I get home from work. All I do is put in a game disc, and when the CD player comes up hit select and I should get a menu?

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
I'm pretty sure I've tried hitting every button when it's on the CD player screen haha. But I'll try again when I get home from work. All I do is put in a game disc, and when the CD player comes up hit select and I should get a menu?

You hit select but nothing else and it should load up the game

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
When you put in a disc, do you get a number of tracks? If not then the laser is reading the disc. It should say press start at the bottom when it's ready.
neocd.jpg

jets10

n00b
Thanks for the info so far guys, much appreciated. Sorry for somewhat derailing this thread. I've posted my response in the thread that Pope linked to.

Jimbot

n00b
I picked up Metal Slug X from excellentcom.net - it was $50 plus $20 shipping and was cheaper than what I found on Ebay and their customer service is absolutely top notch. A little while back I asked them to see if they could find me a Last Blade 2 board and a week later they found me one and sold it to me for $20. They're a damn good place to pick up mvs boards.

ApolloBoy

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Just got this beauty in the mail today:
DSCN1055_zps9bb020ec.jpg

After doing some testing I tore it down and installed an NESRGB board, replaced the power jack with a more common one (and wired it so it works with a model 1 Genesis PSU), and recapped the entire system. It works great and I'm super impressed with the video quality the NESRGB puts out:
DSCN1057_zps8a2d99b8.jpg

DSCN1060_zps84627104.jpg

Big thanks to cdamm for the Twin Fami!

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
:up: Awesome work! It looks really great... I can't wait till my NESRGB boards arrive! :)

Larrabee

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Windjammers arrived from the Netherlands, guess it was a decent deal at $100 these days. Also got Soccer Brawl for $45 shipped form a Japan supplier.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
I wanna see the mod! I'll be honest I've never heard of this particular model.

DSCN1055_zps9bb020ec.jpg

After doing some testing I tore it down and installed an NESRGB board, replaced the power jack with a more common one (and wired it so it works with a model 1 Genesis PSU), and recapped the entire system. It works great and I'm super impressed with the video quality the NESRGB puts out:
DSCN1057_zps8a2d99b8.jpg

DSCN1060_zps84627104.jpg

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
DSCN1055_zps9bb020ec.jpg

DSCN1057_zps8a2d99b8.jpg

DSCN1060_zps84627104.jpg

Interesting. When were the nesrgb boards released? This is the first time I've heard of this. Looks really good.

ApolloBoy

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Is it the viletim board?
Yes it is. Unfortunately I've been having some issues with it as it's from the second batch (which all used an incorrect SRAM chip causing background issues). After loading the latest software into the CPLD on it, I'm having issues like the background for the FDS splash screen and Mario 2 on the FDS being pure white. I'm hoping Tim gets it totally resolved soon since I also installed an NESRGB in an AV Fami for someone on the SHMUPS forum, and it's the only thing holding me back from shipping it back.

zaneiken

Zero's Tailor
10 Year Member
*SNIP*

Which palette are you using? I've got a few Twin Famicoms that are waiting for NESRGB mods, but I've been taking a wait-and-see approach to see other people's feedback. I've got a PC-10 RGB-modded AV Famicom to tide me over until then.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
More PC Engine scoops:

photo.JPG

Black PCE Duo, Arcade Card, Avenue Pad 6 and a stack of games.

Woot!