Post Your Recent Purchases!

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
It's not bad, especially if you go in expecting something similar to 6. Worth checking out, the PSP version is a lot of fun IMO.

i thought it would be similar to 6.really enjoyed 6 by the way.specially playing with ralf and clark.so i'm looking forward to metal slug 7.i'm planing to download it on live arcade soon.

Get that MS2 Turbo'ed. You won't regret it.

that it a good suggestion because the slow down does hurt the game.will probably pick up a turbo version once i bump into one.

Or play X instead, X > 2.

i wouldn't of agreed if slug 2 didn't suffer from the slowdown.but msx is more of a complete game.so X>2 although i still like 2 better for personal preferences.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Here's the problem with MS 7, it was designed for the DS and not the arcades.

It just feels different.

I liked it for what it is.

Last edited:

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
Here's the problem with MS 7, it was designed for the DS and not the arcades.

It just feels different.

I liked it for what it is.

i see.that does make sense. i just recently played metal slug 6 for the first time and really enjoyed it.and i am told that if i liked 6,then i would enjoy 7 also.so i just have to play it for my self and find out.but i completely understand metal slug 7 having a different feel to it,being originally made for a hand held. i had similar thoughts on metal slug advanced but still enjoy it for what it is.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
I've gotten back to buying games after a long break thanks to the Retro Freak pictured and a desire to try to complete my Neo CD collection, here are my pickups the past two weeks

image.jpeg

I just picked up AOF 2, KOF 95, Zero 4 Champ, Cyberball (which takes place in 2022 which doesn't seem that far away), and the 8 bit Donkey Kong (to go with the red and blue Mario Amiibo) today. The shop I went to also had about 15 other Neo games including Metal Slug 2 (I think this was a conversion but still asking too much for me but in perspective would be a great deal if it is official) a Stakes Winner 2 Conversion, RB FF Special, KOF 2k1, and a US Puzzled among others.

Last edited:

JasonToddLives

Armored Scrum Object
Grabbed this Big Century 20 cabinet off of Craigslist:

It has a two slot board in it and came with these:

The yellowing almost gives it a wooden looking finish. No clue what those buttons on the marquee are for.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Nice get, I bet those 2 buttons are for the coins...could be...or test and service? I always wanted to make a daughter board with those inputs for ease of access right on the coin door...crazy talk I know but so convenient, also a volume knob wouldn't hurt.

city41

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Metal Slug 2 (I think this was a conversion but still asking too much for me but in perspective would be a great deal if it is official)

That's worth investigating. If it's a real cart and not four figures, it's relatively speaking a great deal.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
That's worth investigating. If it's a real cart and not four figures, it's relatively speaking a great deal.

Yeah I've already discussed this with some other members in the area that I trust to open it up if I do indeed purchase it.

Last edited:

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Yeah I've already discussed this with some other members in the area that I trust to open it up if I do indeed purchase it.

You're taking a risk, dude.

The place you're buying from knows the prices on legit games, trust me. The fact it's in the same case with another conversion ought to tell you something.

At the very least, you should at least talk to the owner about it before you buy it. I really don't see you getting an amazing deal on this, sorry man.

Jon

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Picked these up in November too (including the Nintendo NYC shirt and the Hanafuda playing cards at Nintendo World)

image.jpeg

Last edited:

JasonToddLives

Armored Scrum Object
Nice get, I bet those 2 buttons are for the coins...could be...or test and service? I always wanted to make a daughter board with those inputs for ease of access right on the coin door...crazy talk I know but so convenient, also a volume knob wouldn't hurt.

Thank-you; and if those buttons aren't for coin ups, they certainly will be once I re-jamma this thing.
I had a Midway cabinet with that setup on the inside of the coin door (sans volume knob), it was very convenient.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
So do you like the retro freak?

- my first impression isn't very good due to the console quality. It feels cheap and can't compare with real ones like super famicom/mega drive/PC engine. But after few plays, my overall impression toward performance that it's an amazing system.
- I will need to update latest firmware

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
- my first impression isn't very good due to the console quality. It feels cheap and can't compare with real ones like super famicom/mega drive/PC engine. But after few plays, my overall impression toward performance that it's an amazing system.
- I will need to update latest firmware
When you do that let me know how, it's definitely not a sexy system but what's under the hood is what counts for me.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
k4yv6v.jpg