Post Your Recent Purchases!

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
I'm very very new to Neo-geo, just got a sweet deal on an AES and JVC X'Eye. Unfortunately it was a bare bones AES, so now I need to track down the accessories. Any suggestions on how to get a pro-pow2 or a replacement for a decent price? Both of these systems were on my personal "Holy grail" list. Quite happy:)View attachment 31952View attachment 31953

Decent price and AES don't go together, unless you want Super Spy or Riding Hero.

madman

A craptastic phone photo of some DC scoops:
IMG_0949.jpg

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Neo XyX is great, I love it! Still having a hard time digesting Fast Striker, it's cool and I like the different modes but that whole center rail feel is just meh...

madman

Neo XyX is great, I love it! Still having a hard time digesting Fast Striker, it's cool and I like the different modes but that whole center rail feel is just meh...

I figured I'd pick them up as long as I found them new for a good price, I should at least be able to get my money's worth of them. Really looking forward to the racing game as well.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
NeoXYX could have been a fun little shmup on the DC if it wasn't for incredibly sloppy programming.
I enjoyed it for a few weeks but some of the glitches were unforgivable.
Enjoy the TLB ;)

Wyeth

n00b
Yeah....I am questioning what I just got myself into. Haha...and I thought PC engine and Sega Saturn were getting unreasonable.

shinhed

Posting is overrated, ,
Waka Up Scan Converter SLPH-00016
20160114_213925.jpg

Always wanted one of these since seeing a snippet about it in EGM. Always thought it was made by Namco for some reason.

Giga_Power32bit

Armored Scrum Object
Mail Call of DA WEEK!!! My two favorite acquisition's out of the lot are the Limited Edition Home Brew for the Atari 2600 UPP! Numbered 17/20 and but of course a Sonic game better than anything Sayghaaaaaa has released in that particular franchise for the past decade...Zippy The Porcupine with a full 64k or memory!!
Zippy.jpg

MySoberCompanion

Formerly the Drunk, known as Tyrandom.,
dpi79y.jpg

The last time that I played this game was on the C64 20 yrs ago, this is a really good translation (probably the best after the X68K) apart some flickering.

One of the most joyful game experience, we need more Taito nowadays...

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
One of the most joyful game experience, we need more Taito nowadays...

Try Liquid Kids (Mizubaku Daibouken) then, it's excellent both the PCE & Saturn versions. You may want to try the version on the Bubble Bobble also featuring Rainbow Islands disc, too -- it's the most accurate port I played, just don't bother with the PS1 release. Oh yes, and congrats on your purchase!

MySoberCompanion

Formerly the Drunk, known as Tyrandom.,
Try Liquid Kids (Mizubaku Daibouken) then, it's excellent both the PCE & Saturn versions. You may want to try the version on the Bubble Bobble also featuring Rainbow Islands disc, too -- it's the most accurate port I played, just don't bother with the PS1 release. Oh yes, and congrats on your purchase!

Yes, I'm looking for Mizubaku Daibouken, unfortunally became quite expensive in these last years, mostly the SAT port (that should be arcade perfect).
I'm enjoying it the Taito Memories 2 on the OG Xbox, hope to find a good scoop in Japan in April.

Curiously, Bubble Bobble also feat. Rainbow Islands seems to be a western exclusive.
At least I've purchased Bubble Symphony some years ago.

Thanks for the appreciation :)

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Mail Call of DA WEEK!!! My two favorite acquisition's out of the lot are the Limited Edition Home Brew for the Atari 2600 UPP! Numbered 17/20 and but of course a Sonic game better than anything Sayghaaaaaa has released in that particular franchise for the past decade...Zippy The Porcupine with a full 64k or memory!!
View attachment 31980

You should get JPN version of DJ Boy because it has cool intro and unfixed first stage boss (I know I know due to the racism issue)
I used to have US one but I gave up :)

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Looks nice!

@ Chempop, My main problem with Neo XyX is the speed of the ship being connected to the shooting in reverse as opposed to the usual concept...ONe of the games I wouldn't mind getting on MVS along with Gunlord...maybe...someday...

c0nn0r

If I could have, My time back, I'd keep it in ma'
10 Year Member
X68000 compact, two games (not on 3.5" so I need floppy drive or another x68k), cyber stick
View attachment 31893

Holy shit - that cyber stick looks awesome. Is it analog? Are there other must-have controller peripherals for X68k? WHat are you planning on playing with this - are there versions of AfterBurner, Space Harrier, and NightStriker for x68k?

nice.

c0nn0r

10 Year Member
I picked-up Shinobi System 16b PCB. It was not working when I got it, despite the seller telling me it was pulled from a working cab.

I had some time today to go over the damn thing and figure out the problem. I re-seated the 68000 and it works now, despite a busted capacitor on the ROM board.

shinobi.JPG

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Those caps are just there, they aren't connected to anything on the Shinobi board.

c0nn0r

10 Year Member
Those caps are just there, they aren't connected to anything on the Shinobi board.

I don't understand. Why would they be included if not connected to the Shinobi board? Do you mean their effect is localized to the ROM board?

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I don't understand. Why would they be included if not connected to the Shinobi board? Do you mean their effect is localized to the ROM board?

That board design was shared with other games, so it was most likely just there before they added roms.

lwizardl

n00b
and today my FM Town Marty got here and I already have the CD working :)

FM-Towns-Marty-01.jpg
FM-Towns-Marty-02.jpg

Just tested the floppy diskette drive and it needs a new belt. So Controller and Belt is next to buy for me