Post Your Recent Purchases!

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Hows that release of The Gate? I was looking into getting it, knowing my luck Arrow will just release it in the UK a week after I buy it and I'll end up having to buy that too (Region free bluray player was one of the best purchases I've ever made for the Arrow releases alone, I just got their deluxe Phantasm boxset and their House tetrology collection)

The Vestron Video Blu-ray release of The Gate is solid. There's some debate online about video quality, but I thought the A/V presentation was great - a nice upgrade over my DVD copy. There is a ton of supplemental content, like commentaries, interviews, and making of featurettes, which adds to the value.

I haven't gotten into any R2 releases (Arrow or otherwise), and I don't think I will. There are definitely some films I'd like to have on Blu-ray (Hell Comes to Frogtown, Matinee, a decent version of The 'Burbs, etc.), but I can wait. I've got plenty of films/games to keep me busy with in the meantime.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
The Vestron Video Blu-ray release of The Gate is solid. There's some debate online about video quality, but I thought the A/V presentation was great - a nice upgrade over my DVD copy. There is a ton of supplemental content, like commentaries, interviews, and making of featurettes, which adds to the value.

I haven't gotten into any R2 releases (Arrow or otherwise), and I don't think I will. There are definitely some films I'd like to have on Blu-ray (Hell Comes to Frogtown, Matinee, a decent version of The 'Burbs, etc.), but I can wait. I've got plenty of films/games to keep me busy with in the meantime.

The gate is a classic I have been meaning to pick up.

And The 'burbs is one of my favorite movies of all times.

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
Famiclone in PC Tower style casing. Works via power adapter or batteries.

EEbNIau.jpg

JC29c3N.jpg

kecwDFc.jpg

Dude that's awesome! The most unique clone I've seen in a long, long time. I totally dig it!

MrWunderful

Stakes Winner
recently picked up this copy of ninja combat with a low serial number, thought it was pretty cool:

im8xTHal.jpg

qwjci7Ul.jpg

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Devastator, eh? There's a nice action-jump'n run. The only gripe are those STG levels, full of enemies, which take much too many hits. Game should've used cut scenes instead of those lo-fi FMV, but overall a solid Game Creative Staff entry.
It's often a hit or miss with wolfteam but so far it's not bad.I really like it's soundtrack as well.

Magn0x

Kuroko's Training Dummy
1.jpg

Hi guys I'm a newbie on the forum haha

I'm quiet new to the neo geo scene, tbh I didn't find out much about the Neo Geo till recently outside of playing Metal Slug, I played more of snes and mega drive back in the day :) But I have to say I'm blown away with the quality of games on the Neo Geo, how did I miss this system for so long?? Its awesome :D

I was quite familiar with the NGPC back when it was launched as I was working in a video game shop at the time and was really impressed with the clicky stick control and Sonic Pocket Adventure, strangely enough my boss, Dave, wasn't much for playing games, and it was more us other guys who played all the new releases and followed gaming in general. The NGPC must have impressed him though as I caught him taking one with him with Sonic with him on a business trip haha

Me and my son have started to collect for the Neo Geo Pocket Color and so far we have a handheld each (the one pictured above is mine) and some games, I was well chuffed to get Metal Slug and Match of the millennium, which is an absolutely amazing fighter on the handheld with the clicky stick, definitely my favourite hand held fighter :D

MissFaith

New Challenger
definitely my favourite hand held fighter :D

Hi and welcome. Newbie here as well.

I would say Match of the Millennium is one of the best handheld games on any system. Very impressive how they crammed so much detail and so many characters. I got completely hooked on the olympic mode though. The Arthur jumping game was so much fun.

In regards to Sonic Pocket Adventure, it was definitely a fun game and they did really well to recreatethe speed. Still think the Game Gear games were slighty better but still a solid Sonic title.

What is Metal Slug like on the Pocket? Looks interesting.

Magn0x

Kuroko's Training Dummy
What is Metal Slug like on the Pocket? Looks interesting.

Hi MissFaith thanks for the welcome! :D

Metal Slug is great on NGPC so far from what I've played, the it controls very nicely and is a great miniature version of Metal Slug for on the go.

The music is recognisable and the graphics are scaled down obviously from the arcade version, but its a fantastic approximation of the experience especially when you just can't quite fit that arcade machine or AES in your back pocket for when your on the go! haha

I really wanted to get Metal Slug Second Mission in box but its a bit too pricey atm on eBay, managed to get a unboxed cartridge off amazon for £26 but the seller cancelled the order and refunded which was a shame :( I love the voice samples in the second game from what i've seen, they sound fantastic coming from the NGPC!

I love the mini games too in Match of the Millennium, I absolutely agree with you there is so much gameplay and content on the one little cart, was well worth every penny, would love to have the boxed version, absolutely adore the the cases for the NGPC games with the clips, they are gorgeous! :D

MissFaith

New Challenger
would love to have the boxed version, absolutely adore the the cases for the NGPC games with the clips, they are gorgeous! :D

I have the euro version. Sadly the instructions are missing but the boxes for NGP are very strong. Thank you for the info on MS will keep an out for it.

Magn0x

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I'd love to get me a Turfies Snap Case someday, I have the US Box and a loose cart for 2p battles, but man those Euro Snap Cases are so nice.

Hey, in case you're interested...http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?258287-NGPC-NTM-Los-Turfes-Club-Pocket-League-Score-Thread/page4
Welcome!

Love Neo Turf Masters on the NGPC, my son has it for his handheld, really is a great miniature version of the arcade version :D

Thankyou for the welcome and link, will have a look, I may need some practice tho ;)

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Sorry about that, thanks for the heads up JoeAwesome! Will head there now and introduce myself properly :)

Dearest Noobette,

Please learn how to multi quote with the little "+ icon to the right of the "Reply With Quote box...

or get banned

Magn0x

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Dearest Noobette,

Please learn how to multi quote with the little "+ icon to the right of the "Reply With Quote box...

or get banned

Gotcha, cheers Neodogg for that, will use it in future. As you can probably tell I am not massively familiar with using forums, appreciate the help!

I am sure I will get the hang of it with any luck! haha ;) Thanks again.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
ND likes to help but watch out for the reach around...here comes the finisher!