Price check: DDP Atlus, Japan, 1997 2/5 MASTER VER.

scgon

Benimaru's Hairdresser
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
168   0   0
what is a fair market price for it?

Please do not PM me to buy till this is a sale thread. Just considering selling, and if I sell it will be to a good member of the site.

Thanks!

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Rating - 100%
325   0   0
Heya Scott :D

Last time I've checked it was $550-$600 for a japanese board.

I'd recommend you think twice before you sell it though. It's not as common as it used to be. Finding it back is going to be a pain in the ass. Mine is going no-freaking-were :keke:

Last edited:

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
97   0   0
I and another local pal scored a super clean Atlus DDP board off of YAJ several months ago off of YAJ for what worked out to be about $400 + EMS shipping. Must've been toward the end of 2014 I think (time flies!). A contributing factor was the Yen/Dollar exchange rate at the time which is still decent now. But I recall the final bid price being in excess of 50K Yen. Despite outrageous asking prices from the likes of STV/Arcadetower on eBay and places like Tops/Sophia recently, I think $550+ish is a solid number for a regular forum member here. I could be off, but that's just my gut feeling.

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
97   0   0
Scary... posted the exact same minute, same answer. Hope all is well poon-pal. :glee:

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
K-2 is all over this! scgon, send him a PM.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Rating - 100%
325   0   0
LOL Heya Teddy! :buttrock:

I'm good bro, I just can't type for shit as usual :lolz:

Need moar sleep :loco:

Damn brotha, you got yourself a great deal on that DDP! Congrats! :buttrock::buttrock::buttrock:

scgon

Benimaru's Hairdresser
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
168   0   0
Yeah I hear you there! Hence the debate.....but ketsui gets more play, far more play....

Heya Scott :D

Last time I've checked it was $550-$600 for a japanese board.

I'd recommend you think twice before you sell it though. It's not as common as it used to be. Finding it back is going to be a pain in the ass. Mine is going no-freaking-were :keke:

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Rating - 100%
325   0   0
Word on the street K-2 just came in his pants :keke:

scgon

Benimaru's Hairdresser
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
168   0   0
Well, Tonk offered $900 U.S., that's $1100 in the great white north.... Went into this trying to sell at the fair market price once it was determined, didn't end up that way obviously. It was a profit based decision and I'll take what comes with that.

Chempop

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
You can partially thank me for rejecting his $700 and $800 offers. :keke:

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Sell it to Tonk for 900. That's several hundred more than I can swing. Appreciate all the peeps keeping the eyes peeled for me. Nice board!

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Sell it to Tonk for 900. That's several hundred more than I can swing. Appreciate all the peeps keeping the eyes peeled for me. Nice board!

Sorry man, been after it for 3 years and I wasn't gonna let this one slip by, there's currently a price check for one in the shmups price check thread by NeoArcadia - try him. I'm not going to let this purchase dictate market value. It's still $550-600.

Thanks Scgon and Chempoop for turning my offers down like a boss.

Chempop

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I love these “what’s it worth” (best offer) threads lately. Big FUCK YOU to the community :lolz:

At least there is a little solace knowing that TonK will actually play the game.

Last edited:

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I love these “what’s it worth” (best offer) threads lately. Big FUCK YOU to the community :lolz:

At least there is a little solace knowing that TonK will actually play the game.

Gimme a few weeks before I start coming after your score. I'd play my old one for 4-6 hours a night. Furthest I made it was 2-4.

Chempop

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I’m terrible at chaining, it’s not going to be that hard to to crush my score (around 74mil).
2-4 was also my wall, never got around to learning the boss glitch to freeze that fucker.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I’m terrible at chaining, it’s not going to be that hard to to crush my score (around 74mil).
2-4 was also my wall, never got around to learning the boss glitch to freeze that fucker.

good score man. I don't think I got that high. 65, 66m was my max.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Rating - 100%
325   0   0
Thanks Scgon and Chempoop for turning my offers down like a boss.

There is one thing that must to be said out loud here for the good sake of these forums. Your offers weren't turned down because he wanted more money for the game. They were turned down because of your history on here. I'm pretty sure he would have accepted way less money from someone else. It took a lot of cash to make him change his mind. I really hope no one takes this transaction seriously and start asking $900 for this board.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
There is one thing that must to be said out loud here for the good sake of these forums. Your offers weren't turned down because he wanted more money for the game. They were turned down because of your history on here. I'm pretty sure he would have accepted way less money from someone else. It took a lot of cash to make him change his mind. I really hope no one takes this transaction seriously and start asking $900 for this board.

Yeah, I believe I pointed all that out already, but thanks for the clarification Cedric.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
95   0   1
Yeah 550-600 is fair, I mean, fuck I remember when this game used to be 350, funny how shit changes.

Edit: I also want to add that I like the approach Tonk took with this. He wanted the game real bad and he was willing to pay extra for it, that doesn't drive the market up and everybody wins.

@CP, I don't think he was offering extra 'cause he has a history or whatever, he just wanted to secure that get before there was any competition, pretty smart if you're willing to spend the extra cash.

Last edited:

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
Edit: I also want to add that I like the approach Tonk took with this. He wanted the game real bad and he was willing to pay extra for it, that doesn't drive the market up and everybody wins.

@CP, I don't think he was offering extra 'cause he has a history or whatever, he just wanted to secure that get before there was any competition, pretty smart if you're willing to spend the extra cash.

I don't necessarily think that was his intended strategy here. He 'offered' extra because he had to. His more reasonable offers were regected for obvious reasons.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
95   0   1
He could have simply bought it elsewhere for that much with no need for drama, he opted not to though.

Edit:...but I know that doesn't mean shit to the haters. Just another reason to start more drama.

Last edited:

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
He could have simply bought it elsewhere for that much with no need for drama, he opted not to though.

Edit:...but I know that doesn't mean shit to the haters. Just another reason to start more drama.

You're right, it doesn't.

Regardless, the real star of the show is scgon for selling DDP for $900.....not so much the guy that had to spend 50% over market value. Overspending is easy, anyone can do it.

Last edited:

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Rating - 100%
325   0   0
I don't think there is any drama here. I didn't say that he offered extra money to make it up for his rep. I said that this extra money made scgon changes his mind. Scott is a friend of mine, he clearly didn't want to sell the game to TonK at first. He saw his WTB thread but he didn't PM'ed him because of that. He wrote "and if I sell it will be to a good member of the site" for a reason. TonK's offers just kept going up and scgon couldn't resist getting 1100 CAD for this, that's all there is to it.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
95   0   1
CP, I get what you are saying but I think you know what I'm saying. Tonk made it clear from the get go that he was willing to pay more well before Scgon decided to make an IC thread. As any other person would, negotiations are only natural, no harm done in that. I'm glad he got the game, he will actually play it and at a top level to boot.

Overspending is easy, anyone can do it.
I thought you were all about being a champion for overspenders.

Edit: The drama was introduced the second you made that post, let's not play oblivious CP, I love you man but it takes no genius to read between the lines.

Last edited: