Problem with HAPP Competition & KOF!

Hello all. Well i bought a HAPP competition and it is a great joystick but im having a little problem with it. The thing is when i make a special move like Roberts Ryos or Yori´s that you have to go "quarter circle forward" and then "half circle back" i manage to do it only in one side of the screen, in the other is very hard to do it. Why is that? Is that something normal in the HAPP competitions? The same thing happens with simpler moves like "quarter circle forward + punch or kick" i got ir right only from one side if i go to the other is very hard or i have to be much more precise. Anyone could enlight me? Thanks.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
Hello all. Well i bought a HAPP competition and it is a great joystick but im having a little problem with it. The thing is when i make a special move like Roberts Ryos or Yori´s that you have to go "quarter circle forward" and then "half circle back" i manage to do it only in one side of the screen, in the other is very hard to do it. Why is that? Is that something normal in the HAPP competitions? The same thing happens with simpler moves like "quarter circle forward + punch or kick" i got ir right only from one side if i go to the other is very hard or i have to be much more precise. Anyone could enlight me? Thanks.

do you not have that problem with other sticks? many people have side weaknesses. I have a bit of one myself. It's totally natural as the motions going left or going right are quite different. If your stick is working okay you probably will adapt in time.

try ONLY playing on your uncomfortable side for awhile.

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
yeah, lots of people have side weaknesses. you need to build up execution ability. BUT, also the new HAPP competition sticks are garbage.

Happ used to actually rebrand iL Euro sticks and sell it as the competition stick. Now they cheaply cloned them.

If you want the best HAPP competition stick, get an iL Euro. Night and Day difference.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I like IL better but suzo (Happ) isn't all that bad. The problem lies in the springs they use, they're just not made of the same material, they feel lighter and loose.

The thing is that all Happ/IL stick are cornerless so you really gotta find your center, get used to the stick, find your diagonals and execute them without rolling. Do an 8 way test, input each dire toon separately and accurately, keep doing this several times until you can do it faster and faster, you have to execute them while confirming your accuracy on screen. This is something that you should do with every stick anyway, that is if your looking for input improvement for your game.

WHere cna I buy a proper American IL stick and obviously the proper American buttons? I am fixing up my neo Geo Mini MVS.