Problem with neo_geo_aes

pooch

New Challenger
I bought his collection of JP Mega CD games. Before we closed the deal, I made it very clear to him that I only want mint games, meaning games without broken seal or cracked case. He told me that out of all the games he has, only one has has a crack in it so he took that out.

Today I received the package and inspected all the games. 15 games were severely damaged. The seal of 13 games are broken and 2 games cases are cracked. I emailed him and asked for a refund for those 15 games (I sent him a picture of the games) and that I will pay for return shipping but this is what he said in response:

i dont want the games now, sorry
i´m going to sell all my games from mega cd as you can see on ebay again
and more games from my collection, because i´m going to left the videogames
only arcades now

I am now very pissed because

1. He said that the games were perfect when he sent them out. But how would seals be broken during shipping? I could understand cases could be cracked but seals will not come off like that during shipping, at least I have never encountered it before. Even IF they were damaged during shipping, it should be HIS responsibility to make sure the games are safely packed!

2. I went through ALOT of trouble to wire him 1600 EURO via my bank, it is alot more difficult to wire money than just sending money by Paypal and I lost money on conversion rate as well.

3. Reason I bought from him was because I expected mint games. I thought buying from him means no gambling about the condition. Otherwise I could have bought the games from Yahoo Japan.

4. The only means now to unload those games is via Yahoo Japan because there is almost no demand for these games on Ebay. That would mean I have to go through TONS of trouble to sell them. I would need to sell them through an agent and give them 20% of the profit.

Update on what he says, I wish he burns in hell!

"the seals are perfect
sorrys, but i don´t go to refund any money on this

and its not my problemn if your local postal service or international postal service play football with the box
the package was perfect, with 2 boxes, and a lot of protection

the games are perfect, but if you are very maniatic, you need to buy onl games with the VGA seal
and pay of course the expensive prices
i make a bundle for you
and i don´t want somes games back

make like me
sell the games and buy again if you can find some or the games you have see me in the pic

put the pic on forums and say to all people the games are bad, and for sure they smile

sorrys but i don´t have space and money for any refund"

Last edited:

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
You bought 1600 euros of sega cd games, without asking for a ton of detailed photos?

pooch

New Challenger
You bought 1600 euros of sega cd games, without asking for a ton of detailed photos?

He showed me some pictures but they were not closed up, he said that they were in perfect condition. Since he has good feedback, I just trusted him.....I guess I just made a very very stupid mistake!

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
Today I received the package and inspected all the games. 15 games were severely damaged. The seal of 13 games are broken and 2 games cases are cracked. I emailed him and asked for a refund for those 15 games (I sent him a picture of the games) and that I will pay for return shipping but this is what he said in response:

i dont want the games now, sorry
i´m going to sell all my games from mega cd as you can see on ebay again
and more games from my collection, because i´m going to left the videogames
only arcades now

Ummm....that's $2,100 worth of shit you don't want. I would not accept that as an answer.

Damn dude.

El Capitan

Mai's Apprentice
Ouch!

I hope you do ok. I bought some CDs from him in 2007, but he was clear that they were ok condition...

Hope you sort this out.

Tango

Tung's Hair Stylist
isnt this the guy who had to have all the CPS changer stuff and then tried selling it all to collect normal CPS2 stuff? Seems like an impulsive buyer kind of guy so hopefully he has not already blown your money.

Can your bank offer any assistance in recouping the money? Seems like the answer would be "no"-- but I would be checking if I were you as short of that Im not sure what other recourses you might have left for yourself.

pooch

New Challenger
Ummm....that's $2,100 worth of shit you don't want. I would not accept that as an answer.

Damn dude.

I should have been more clear, most of the games were alright but 20% of the games collection (those 15 games) were shitty. Sorry for the confusion.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
how did the package look when you received it? was it damaged? were the games packed securely? is it possible this could have been caused during the shipping process? And if so, did you have insurance?

I know its a pain in the ass to file a claim, but perhaps that is at least an option?

pooch

New Challenger
how did the package look when you received it? was it damaged? were the games packed securely? is it possible this could have been caused during the shipping process? And if so, did you have insurance?

I know its a pain in the ass to file a claim, but perhaps that is at least an option?

The package was securely packaged which is why I don't believe his words that they were "perfect" before they were shipped out. I don't see how those damages could be done during shipping. The "damaged" games have pieces of the seal missing which does not seem to be plausible damages by shipping.

I don't expect to be able to recoup the money, thanks for the kind words though, it makes me feel better after posting here to vent.

pooch

New Challenger
Update on what he says, I hope he burns in hell!
"the seals are perfect
sorrys, but i don´t go to refund any money on this

and its not my problemn if your local postal service or international postal service play football with the box
the package was perfect, with 2 boxes, and a lot of protection

the games are perfect, but if you are very maniatic, you need to buy onl games with the VGA seal
and pay of course the expensive prices
i make a bundle for you
and i don´t want somes games back

make like me
sell the games and buy again if you can find some or the games you have see me in the pic

put the pic on forums and say to all people the games are bad, and for sure they smile

sorrys but i don´t have space and money for any refund"

El Capitan

Mai's Apprentice
Double ouch!

And I am suprised he hasn't responded on here.

It's all very odd since I remember him consistently buying very high end items, so it's weird that he'd be a bad seller.

How long before Tonk gets involved?

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
This guy sounds like a fucker. I've dealt with people like this on ebay, who don't know the difference between mint and good condition. It sounds like he's definitley trying to pull a number on you, but for the amount of money you paid, I would have made sure I got full detailed pictures of the games before paying.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Is this the guy who got all his stuff stolen from the car back seat? I can't remember.

anyone?

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
Pics would help.

This.

It would also help to know how the games were packaged.

Shipping overseas with jewel cases?

Each of those games should have been individually-wrapped and packing material should have been used in excess for such a journey.

I love that people don't take these possibilities into consideration.

The few times I sold expensive stuff online I always made sure to take pictures of the items post-shipping and during the packing process to show the method was thorough in the instance that a situation like this one came about and I could prove that the utmost care was taken on my behalf.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Is this the guy who got all his stuff stolen from the car back seat? I can't remember.

anyone?

no they are definitely different sellers. Neo_geo_aes is from Spain. I know this guy from ebay. I never bought anything from him, but immediately remembered him since in the past, alot of his homecart auctions used to show a picture of a cute asian girl as opposed to the actual game, lol

ebay auction

looks like he actually uses pics of games in most of his other auctions now. Perhaps he just uses the girl's photo when the game is in shitty condition :lolz:

Last edited:

tony starks

Starks is always out.
:oh_no:
I feel for you dude.
Never bought anything from him and to be honest I never will. Dude needs to come on here to explain himself for sure.

caren103

King's Dry Cleaner
15 games were severely damaged. The seal of 13 games are broken and 2 games cases are cracked.

Might you please post some pictures of that severely damaged games, in which the broken seal and cracks can be seen?

SPAZ.

Zero's Secretary
i´m here!!
like the force XD

first the buyer was a lowballs, sorry pooch but you know it, you are a super maniatic super elite collector in the world

2º the package weight was around 20kgr for only 70 games on cds style so suposse was weight the rest
strong package, 1 carton box into another carton box in the half of them with a lot of protection

3º the seller a year ago was a waster time, reserve the all bundle for she, after 4 months, she say me don´t want the package

4º the buyer, she
don´t pay the bank comission from hong kong to spain, saying she don´t know about the fees
false, my frined on bank say me she don´t say the true

after 3 or 4 weeks, she say me i have the reason, and refund me the half of 35€, around 17€, so i lost 17¬

5º the package ws so strong, but jewel cases are always jewel cases, so uif the china pocst office or the dog play with this its not my problñem

for the next time, take the private airline and came here to make the deal on hand

6º the seals are perfect, she was a super maniatic gir
want the factory sealed game like from 1990´s without any finger on plastic case!

6º please, people that only come here to say bad wrods, better in home, playing with NES ;P

and of course i don´t go to refund and take any game

when i make again a favor to she, for sell the half of the bundle, only the brand new games after she reserve me the games 4 monthgs and later´saying don´t want it

this its all from my garage XD

and 7ª and the most imoprtant
i have life and i´m a very busy man
why i suposse i need to come here to see a post?? i come here because some friends ninjas from spain say me one person attack me

i see i have a lot of erros on words but i must go now!

Last edited:

El Capitan

Mai's Apprentice
Here (I think) is the seller's email in English:

Sellers point…………………………………..
1. The buyer is a lowballer…………………..
2. The packaging was good at my end…….
3. The seller wasted my time before……….
4. I lost out on $25 in bank fees…………….
5. CDs are easily damaged………………….
6. The CDs are sealed……………………….
7. I don't do refunds…………………………..
8. I am too busy for this……………………..

Sellers point……………………………….......….. My independent view
1. The buyer is a lowballer…………..……….. Irrelevant - if you do a deal, you accept the price
2. The packaging was good at my end……. Seller and Buyer agree
3. The seller wasted my time before………. Irrelevant - this was a previous incident. Seller can chose to avoid "timewasters".
4. I lost out on $25 in bank fees……...………. Should have been discussed before doing the deal.
5. CDs are easily damaged………….....………. If you know this, you should package them well.
6. The CDs are sealed…………………......……. Seller and Buyer disagree on a definition. HiRes photos would have confirmed it.
7. I don't do refunds………………….....……….. Was this agreed before the sale?
8. I am too busy for this……………...……….. Irrelevant - if you do a deal, you should see it through.

My questions (On a 1600 Euro!!!!! purchase) would be:
Was it shipped with insurance?
Can you provide clear before and after photos?
Did you agree a "no refunds" policy?