PS4 9.00 Jailbreak found

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I've played with the earlier webkit exploits, when they work they're fun to toy with downloaded titles. I'm reserving my excitement for the inevitable persistent exploit that autoruns at boot.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I've played with the earlier webkit exploits, when they work they're fun to toy with downloaded titles. I'm reserving my excitement for the inevitable persistent exploit that autoruns at boot.
Yeah that's the one downer of this one. Though MVG said he's had success with just putting his PS4 in rest mode, and the hack stays 'on'.

I normally have my PS4/5 in rest mode as well.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
So I can confirm this works just fine. Cracked my PS4 and installed P.T. Never got to check it out.

It's definitely tethered, but it's not THAT big of a deal to do. I'm sure there will be a more stable version down the line. Thats how the PS3 one worked. It was tethered at first, then you could install full blown CFW and could straight boot from no power.

Dochartaigh

Edo Express Delivery Guy
I just read this the other day. It's 9.00 only, right? Mine is on 9.03 so I don't know if it can be hacked. I turned off auto-updates just in case I want to look into it at a later date (and if it's possible then).

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I just read this the other day. It's 9.00 only, right? Mine is on 9.03 so I don't know if it can be hacked. I turned off auto-updates just in case I want to look into it at a later date (and if it's possible then).
Negative. If you're on 9.03 the hack won't work. Sorry dude. :/

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Yeah, I had just gotten around to buying a second PS4 for exploiting/CFWing (shout outs to Bubba) and this drops like a week later. Very excited to screw around with a much more stable revision with fingers crossed for a full CFW eventually.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
The thing I'm finding not that fun is installing new games. They're all huge and take forever to transfer to the PS4, and then they need to actually install.