Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member

one of the best Misfits tunes evar! :buttrock:

viva ramones!!

Last edited:

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
This is probably my favorite Clash song.

I know this is a cover, but, I like this version more. In honor of my first ever business trip today:

PunkicCyborg

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
I like the darker stuff from the early 80s that borderlines goth/death rock but is punk as fuck.

CrackerMessiah

Fu'un-Ken Master
Ahh, punk music and the elitism that went with it. Oh, how those were the days...

...and still are, to some degree. Bad Religion is still my favorite group, ever since I heard "Infected" on So Cal radio (how's THAT for elitism bait!??!?). Then I bought some other albums, and well... in my opinion, they have yet to put out an entirely bad album. I also dig Greg Graffin's solo stuff, be it folk or "less-folk." Also, Mr. Yagami: I don't know about you, but I'd kill for a remix of New Maps of Hell. The original one ain't Death Magnetic-bad, but it could have used some work.

I also dug Pennywise a bit, but I never followed anything after Straight Ahead which was a departure from the sound of their previous three albums. Those were written by their then-bassist, Matthew Thirsk (spelling?) who shot himself after the band finished recording Full Circle.

So, in the spirit of Youtube tags that'll probably be glossed over, here's a few picks of my own:

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
Ahh, punk music and the elitism that went with it. Oh, how those were the days...
...and still are, to some degree. Bad Religion is still my favorite group, ever since I heard "Infected" on So Cal radio (how's THAT for elitism bait!??!?). Then I bought some other albums, and well... in my opinion, they have yet to put out an entirely bad album. I also dig Greg Graffin's solo stuff, be it folk or "less-folk." Also, Mr. Yagami: I don't know about you, but I'd kill for a remix of New Maps of Hell. The original one ain't Death Magnetic-bad, but it could have used some work.

I always thought I was the only person who thought New Maps could have used a remaster.

I first got into Bad Religion when Stranger Than Fiction came out and after that, I was hooked.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member

A criminally forgotten anthem...

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I went out and bought this cassette the day I got my drivers license. Slayer isn't punk, but their punk covers were so fucking good.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Hardcore/Hardline/Holy Terror

Ajax

15 Year Member
England attack.

Most people know the (UK) Subhumans, probably slightly fewer know Citizen Fish, and even less still know Culture Shock. Of course, all great stuff. This is my favorite Culture Shock track. Copped the LP for something like $3 and it's certainly not easy to find.

Ajax

15 Year Member
The Subhumans/Culture Shock/Citizen Fish continuum got me on the idea of bands that are successors of the last one.

This is my favorite example of this sort of thing. As stated earlier, Leftover Crack is probably my favorite band out of everything (coincidentally, they did a horrible split with Citizen Fish). The others are great too.

The singer is the same through all of them (with the addition of female vocalists in the first and last bands).

No Commercial value was first. I don't own anything by them. Pretty tough to find.

Next, Choking Victim. For me, when I heard it in 1999, it really threw a wrench in my perception of what ska was. Hated it then. Really, really grew into it though.

Next, and I would say most importantly, is Leftover Crack. This song was originally called Tomb Squatting, and is the sequel to In My Grave. I strongly urge you to check the lyrics to this one. The poetry of this song is sort of lost being conveyed this way... I suppose I find that to be the case with a lot of Leftover Crack songs.

Lastly, Star Fucking Hipsters. Sound is slightly different. Attitude is spot on. Great stuff.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Musta jumala

Last edited:

Ajax

15 Year Member
Saw somebody posted an old Vandals song. A lot of their stuff is lost on me, but I like their first stuff. This song is great.

EDIT: This song... Not punk rock. I don't know where else to post it though. Wonderful track. It's so sleazy, I actually feel a little embarrassed when I listen to it, but... It's so rad...

One non-punk rock turn deserves another, I suppose. I always felt like this song captured the real essence of psychobilly.

I dreamed about U.K. Subs last night, I think because of this thread. :emb:

Sorry about all the narratives I've been doing in this thread... I just really, really like talking about this stuff. :emb:

Last edited:

scorponok

Not scorporock,

This is my favorite A Global Threat song. It is off of their first 7":

I love this bands early stuff:

I only like this bands early stuff: