Question for Saturn Heads

gmfuss

Kula's Candy
I got a copy of Marvel vs. Street Fighter, the one that comes with a 4 MB cart. Is this cart able to be used in all capcom and SNK games that require a cart, since the highest is a 4MB, or will I need a different cart for each game. I know there are 1, 2, and 4MB carts for different games, can a regular 4 work for any. And I know this may be a noob question, but I just got a Saturn 2 weeks ago, and I have noticed on Ebay and other places, it is more expensive to get games with their carts as opposed to just the games that require one themselves.

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
First off there is no such thing as a 2MB RAM cart.

Secondly I haven't had any problem using the 4MB RAM cart for SNK games that require the 1MB cart.

dakingofzumunda

Robert Garcia's Butler
gmfuss said:
I got a copy of Marvel vs. Street Fighter, the one that comes with a 4 MB cart. Is this cart able to be used in all capcom and SNK games that require a cart, since the highest is a 4MB, or will I need a different cart for each game. I know there are 1, 2, and 4MB carts for different games, can a regular 4 work for any. And I know this may be a noob question, but I just got a Saturn 2 weeks ago, and I have noticed on Ebay and other places, it is more expensive to get games with their carts as opposed to just the games that require one themselves.

I believe the official 4-meg ram cart, that is packaged with all the Vs. games, are only compatiable with Capcom Fighters that require it. I could be wrong, though.

I remember trying the 4-meg cart with KoF 96 back in the day, and it didn't load up.

A 4-1 cart is an option, if you want to run all those SNK and Capcom ports off the Saturn. KoF 95, is the only one that won't run on 4-1 since it requires it's own exclusive ROM cart.

Kaioh

Sakura's Bank Manager
Real Bout doesn't work right with the 4MB cart either.

Mr-Megalo

Morden's Lackey
Marvel Super Heroes, X-men VS SF , MSH vs SF, D&D Collection Disc 2 work fine with the 4mb cart as does KOF 97, Pocket Fighter also works with the 4mb cart

its mainly the SNK games BEFORE KOF 97 that wont work with the 4mb cart, I know one of my Samurai Shodown for SS best Collection games works fine with a 4mb cart but the other game doesn't and has corrupted graphics etc as does KOF96.

Greywolf

Angel's Love Slave
Mr-Megalo said:
Marvel Super Heroes, X-men VS SF , MSH vs SF, D&D Collection Disc 2 work fine with the 4mb cart as does KOF 97, Pocket Fighter also works with the 4mb cart

Don't forget about Street Fighter Zero 3, it uses the 4mb cart as well! :)

Mr-Megalo

Morden's Lackey
you know, I'd forgot about Zero 3 and its my all time fave game /feels really silly now

gmfuss

Kula's Candy
So if I get one SNK game with a 1mb cart, I can use that cart for all SNK games, with the exception of KOF95? And the 4mb cart I have will work with every Capcom game that requires a cart?

CrackerMessiah

Fu'un-Ken Master
Good responses all around. However, if I might suppliment them...

To clarify Mr-Megalo's responses, the 4MEG cart will do Samurai Spirits 3 OK. Doesn't work so well on SS4. Had a hell of a time trying to reconcile that until I got ahold of a SS3 w/the RAM cart. On that note, anybody looking for a near mint copy of SS3?