R.I.P General Lee

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
I still think it's interesting and/or sad that people don't have a problem with the car, particularly if you're white - even more so if you're from the south. This is not about whether the show should be pulled or why it was pulled. I don't care if it stays on air or not; it's not like it was reaching a large audience. I just feel like people should be upset that it's considered okay to idolize the Confederacy. People are totally okay with the depiction of southern white dudes who casually drive around with this shit on their car. Since it's a TV show, they could have chosen any car or paint-job they wanted to choose. It was chosen because it fit the stereotype, and people are cool with that. I don't think anyone should be erasing history books. I don't think Apple should be blindly pulling Civil War apps. That's absurd. But the fact is that in Dukes of Hazzard it's really not a historical depiction. It's the media's take on what some mischievous boys from Georgia might be into. I wish that people had questioned that a lot sooner than now.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
If they can pull the pipe out of the mouth of Mr. Potato head, then they can take the decal off the top of the toy cars.