raiden fighters PCB and compatibility

slai50

New Challenger
So I've heard that the seibu kaihatsu games have weird frequencies and have problems displaying on certain monitors. Can anyone verify compatibility problems with the raiden fighters, raiden fighters 2, and raiden fightrs jet? I'm using a supergun setup with a PVM 2950Q and BVM 20F1U monitors.

arcade game

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member
So I've heard that the seibu kaihatsu games have weird frequencies and have problems displaying on certain monitors. Can anyone verify compatibility problems with the raiden fighters, raiden fighters 2, and raiden fightrs jet? I'm using a supergun setup with a PVM 2950Q and BVM 20F1U monitors.
I have the same set up with a supergun and a pvm 2950Q and they work perfect

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I know that alot of Wells Gardner monitors have issues with the Seibu stuff. Mainly due to being a 56hz refresh rate.

arcade game

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member
I know that alot of Wells Gardner monitors have issues with the Seibu stuff. Mainly due to being a 56hz refresh rate.
Do you know the specific wells gardener model# ?
I ask cause 2 of my riden fighter board came on regular dynamo cabinets with WG-K7000 , and they were working just fine

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
The D9000s don't like very many boards. The K7000 will run about anything.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
The D9000s don't like very many boards. The K7000 will run about anything.

^ This

D Series Wells Gardners hate odd ball scan rates. Seibu SP1 & Taito F3 for example.

D7700
D9100
D9200
D9300
D9400
D9500
D9600

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
Somewhat related, I tested my Raiden Fighters board with the supergun today. It would sync on my PVM, but I got no color. Don't know if that's common with these or if it's user error with PVM settings. I tried it on a random Panasonic CRT and got color but rolling sync.

jhnk

n00b
I am using a Sigma Raijin supergun setup with a Sony PVM 20m2mdu and Sony PVM 1953ST monitor with Raiden Fighters PCB.It works great with JP 21pin RGB cable but it has problems when I hooked up with S-video cable,it works but no color, only black and white color.Also I test it with a Sony WEGA KV-36FS120 (CRT)by S-video hooked up it has nice color but the TV screen keep rolling,never stop,so i can't start the game.I tried to test with a CELERA(13 inches) crt TV with Composite video cable cause this monitor doesn't have S-video input and it works great.So I think it depends on TVs Sync.

Last edited:

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
I don't know if this will help, but I've had several boards with weird syncs that would go black and white on my homemade supergun setup. Adding a jrok sync cleaner to my setup fixed the color and rolling screen issues.

Jamma Nation X has em
http://www.jamma-nation-x.com/jammax/store.html