Raleigh: Fighting Tournament at Mugi's

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Hey guys,

So some of you may have seen the thread Mitsurugi started about acquiring a full set of SSF2 tournament boards:

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...ing-you-don-t-see-every-day-(CPS2)&highlight=

Now we are looking to hold a Tournament themed meetup at my place in Raleigh in early May. I haven't set on the exact date yet, but I wanted to open this up to anybody here who felt like coming out. I've held a couple meetups with my friends from work so expect it to look something like this :

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?241911-Free-Play-Mugi-s&highlight=

there will be other games to play of course, Mits alone has more than 5x my collection, and I've got my fair share as well.

A couple of things I want to mention, I have a small house, like a pretty small, 2br house, so I can't exactly have the whole east coast crew here, jus sayin. Also the wife and I don't "drink", refreshments will be available but no booze. Finally I have dogs who were born in a lab and lived there for almost 10 yrs and never learned to shit outside, for this reason we removed all the carpet in our house, and clean up any "accidents" asap. if any of this is a problem for anyone, TFB :p

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Depending on what day it drops I may make the drive brotha. I'll bring some games if you'd like also.
:D

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Yeah its been too long since we got together man. I should know the date by this weekend.

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
Man, Sounds fun... Wish you were closer... Can't wait to see the pics. :D

Not sure who to bet on. My gut says Panda, but heart says Mit's. :lolz:

Dion

Known Scammer, NeoGeoFreak Co-Founder

I haven't played competitively since I was a teenager and I have no friends. Don't bet on me.

Oh, and I'll be there I guess. lol.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I'm not competitive at all in any fighting game these days, but I'd love to chill and play some games.

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
Glad to hear your get together is happening soon and can't wait to see those tourney boards in action.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member

8f86bc87-be15-426c-9bf6-9620b8d43d08.jpg

thanks...thanks alot for not picking me.

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
One of these days/years Moogz... we all gotta meet up and game sometime. ;)

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
:lolz:

Hey, don't feel bad, Mug. Mit's doesn't collect all those CPS2 boards for nothing. :D

But, I might have to double down on Panda if Mit's keeps acting humble. Panda I know has got skills. :keke:

Hoping Mit's can get his his competitive edge back in time before the meet. :eek_2:

---

Hey, when the player pool is full, post the bracket so we can see who plays who.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
One of these days/years Moogz... we all gotta meet up and game sometime. ;)

It's on my bucket list to meet up with you crazy cali kids someday :)

:lolz:

Hey, don't feel bad, Mug. Mit's doesn't collect all those CPS2 boards for nothing. :D

But, I might have to double down on Panda if Mit's keeps acting humble. Panda I know has got skills. :keke:

Hoping Mit's can get his his competitive edge back in time before the meet. :eek_2:

I've played both of them a bit, a few neo games, didn't fare too well against either of them but didn't do too badly either (except playing mits at KI since it was the first time I'd ever played it, so of course he mopped the floor with me), but I have yet to play a capcom game against them.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I can bring my Atomiswave as well if there's a spare cab/TV laying around. Fist of the North Star and Neowave are the only fighters I have on it, but I also have Dolphin Blue, Knights of Valor, and Demolish Fist.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
i've got zero 2 alpha, there were some tweaks in that one, but I don't know off hand the differences

They're the same. A2 is an update of Z2 and Z2A is the Japanese version of that.

Have fun guys! Wish someone had a super tourney set up out here.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
They're the same. A2 is an update of Z2 and Z2A is the Japanese version of that.

Have fun guys! Wish someone had a super tourney set up out here.

cool thanks for the info!

OK, So I want to try to set the date for wed. May 14th. It's bascically 2 months from now, which hopefully gives everyone enough time to adjust schedules. My raleigh crew works in the restaurant with me, and it would be close to impossible for all of them to get the weekend off. This is also pretty much set in stone since the wife has asked for this day off as well. Regardless of turnout, this is DEFINITELY going down on the 14th, so I hope anyone whose interested can make it.

I can bring my Atomiswave as well if there's a spare cab/TV laying around. Fist of the North Star and Neowave are the only fighters I have on it, but I also have Dolphin Blue, Knights of Valor, and Demolish Fist.

X, I hope you can make it, I'd really like to finally meet ya since ya live so close. I've only played the KOF's as far as AW, always wanted to try FotNS. Besides the 3 cabs, I have (2) 20" PVMs, for the SSF2 tourney we will probly need one of those with Mit's Supergun, but after that it should be fair game. is the AW consolized?

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
May 14th is perfect, those days happen to be the start of my days off. Sign me up for a chair. Let me know if anyone wants me to bring anything. I am for certain bringing my DFK board.

Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
The atomiswave doesn't have regular video outputs, just VGA and a XRGB Mini compatible RGB out port. If anything has HDMI I could bring the mini.

Gotta check with work to make sure I can get off, but it shouldn't be a problem. Good timing, as I absolutely couldn't get the 15th off.

Last edited:

Dion

We can netboot Dolphin Blue, Demolish Fist, and KOV with Mugi's Naomi if you like. I have the files.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
excellent! sounds like you guys are on board. If we got the 4 of us, I have at least 4-5 ppl from my crew that should be able to make it, giving us the 8 we need for the SSF2 tourney. This is set to be my biggest gathering yet. If all goes well, perhaps we should try to make this an annual NG Carolina guys thing :)

Panda: DFK sounds awesome but I definitely won't have a vert cab available due to the nature of the SSF2 tourney dealie. If we can pull off another one of these meat-ups, then I will want to rotate for sure.

Gohan: Since my cabs are in the living room, I've also got my 40in hdtv right here, so HDMI is no problem. I've got a little 15 in VGA computer monitor that I'll probly setup for typing of the dead (that's a really popular one amongst my peeps).

Unfortunately I'm not planning to run my neo 1-slot because of setting up for the 6 button panel, but if we do this again, Neo will also be on the menu.

Mits had mentioned bringing some cps-3 which would be awesome since I don't have any. Panda, do you still have a pocket fighter cps2? I think that'd be fun to play some ppl at. I know mits has one, but he's already bringing quite a few b-boards :D

i'll keep you guys posted as I get more details

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I sold the pocket fighter unfortunately. I only have alpha 2, 19XX, and a busted progear. I can bring my battle circuit if someone wants to check out and oddball beat em up.

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
:lolz: Yeah, BC is weird.

Like PF, it seems to be one of those games you have to play drunk, stoned, or smacked up a bit to really enjoy. :eek_2:

Dion

Just give me a list of what to bring. I have every game you have mentioned so far in this thread. lol. Tell me which CPS3 games you want to play also and I will preload the games on the pcbs before the event. Just want to make sure, do we have enough CPS2 kick harnesses for the event as we stand now or do we need to acquire some more?

I have almost every CPS2 game and of course every CPS3. Some CPS1 such as Punisher and SNSM. I'm sure I could bring a few HSF2:AE or ST pcbs. And I could maybe bring my Lindbergh and give you guys a demonstration of our multi kit.