RB2 Geese

BigFred

Neither Big nor Fred, ,
I'm having trouble finding a decent RB2 guide. Anyway, the guide I have mentions Geese having the following string combo:
f+A,C,spd+A
Is it possible?

Another question, does Geese have any other special moves other than:
qcb+A/C
spd+A
hcf+A/B/C

EX_Andy

Vanessa's Drinking Bud,
BigFred said:
I'm having trouble finding a decent RB2 guide. Anyway, the guide I have mentions Geese having the following string combo:
f+A,C,spd+A
Is it possible?

Yes. If you're having trouble with the timing, try doing a fwd+A, then tapping the C button a couple times to get the timing on the second punch. For the throw afterwards, you have to cancel the C punch immediately with the 360+A. In the corner, you can always follow this up with a down+C pursuit.

BigFred said:

Another question, does Geese have any other special moves other than:
qcb+A/C
spd+A
hcf+A/B/C

No, he doesn't. Not other than his "new" SDM, 360+C. I assume you know this already, but his best combo chains are probably his low A -> standing C (2 hits) and low A -> low C. Other than the grapples, Geese isn't all that interesting to play in RB2.

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
you gotta learn his whiff to ground throw after almost any knockdown glitch though... one of the reasons hes a beast

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I don't remember, but does he still have his Deadly Rave from RB1?

HCB, F+A, A, B, C, C, C, B, C, QCB+C

It's a beauty move.

EX_Andy

Vanessa's Drinking Bud,
SouthtownKid said:
I don't remember, but does he still have his Deadly Rave from RB1?

HCB, F+A, A, B, C, C, C, B, C, QCB+C

It's a beauty move.

In RB2, he has the dumbed-down RBS version, Ax3, Bx3, Cx3, qcb+C.

BigFred

Neither Big nor Fred, ,
Re: Re: RB2 Geese

EX_Andy said:
No, he doesn't. Not other than his "new" SDM, 360+C. I assume you know this already, but his best combo chains are probably his low A -> standing C (2 hits) and low A -> low C. Other than the grapples, Geese isn't all that interesting to play in RB2.

Thanks for the help. I normally use the following chains with Geese:
df+A,C,d+C....d+C pursuit
b+B,D,qcb+A/C

So I'm trying to learn more.

Twipol

n00b
Re: Re: Re: RB2 Geese

BigFred said:
Thanks for the help. I normally use the following chains with Geese:
df+A,C,d+C....d+C pursuit

I think this one is the most damaging ground-based combo he has (in normal conditions - no corner or P. Power condition required). The df+A hitting twice of course.

Or maybe he has good fake combos opportunities, but i'm not sure about it, i have to check again.

RB2 Geese is no longer the monster he was in RBS but that's maybe what makes him interesting to play. His new P. Power move is great... Well he's a well balanced character in a very well balanced game ^^

From the point of view of commands, the pursuit moves (like fakes) are considered as special moves : "down then C" is the proper command, not "down+C". The main opportunities i found are :

the combo you mentionned
hcf B then dash or walk
b+B, d+D then dash
also d+D when opponent on backline
b+B then dash on 1-line stages
and of course a couple of corner opportunities (Raising Storm, throw df+C, sweep, etc)

Now i have a question ^^ Speaking of Deadly Rave, i don't have much problems doing it in RB and RBSpecial. But i've never been able to get the timing in RB2, though it's the same command as in RBS. I reach the 7th hit from time to time... Any tips about this ?

Oh by the way, a guy called Basel posted Geese FAQs almost everywhere on gameFAQs recently (well, a few months ago ^^), there is one for RB2 Geese. It contains good information - a big list of combo and strategy notes. It looks like the guy listed every possible combo.

edit : other question. After hcf C when not cornered what do you do ? I didn't find anything else than a dumb old two hitting standing C, Reppuken (or deadly rave but i can't do it ^^U)

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
EX_Andy said:
In RB2, he has the dumbed-down RBS version, Ax3, Bx3, Cx3, qcb+C.
Of course it's dumbed down, I heard Nightmare Geese was a God in RBS...
I never saw him in action though, or even a pic of him...

Anyway got pics ?

Twipol

n00b
Yes he's got almost abusive possiblities in RBS. His Shippu Ken/ Double Shippu Ken are a nightmare. They also hit knocked down opponents. His Ja Ei Ken allows great combos too. Stuff like A, B, f+C, b+C, Ja Ei Ken, Pursuit attack is simple yet powerful.