Real Heroes: Firefighter is the only good game on Wii

The Drizzle

Whip's Subordinate
Move to the war room plz.

This is a legitimate game discussion thread. No need to move to the war room. I was pleasantly surprised how fun Firefighter is. It looks like shovelware if you look at the box art, and it's only $30, but it's very enjoyable.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
This is a legitimate game discussion thread. No need to move to the war room. I was pleasantly surprised how fun Firefighter is. It looks like shovelware if you look at the box art, and it's only $30, but it's very enjoyable.

:rolleyes:

Metal Slugnuts

Faggotier

That's how Cate West was for me: shit on the outside, hella fun on the inside. You have to play it in pieces (and it's not an epic RPG/etc. or anything) but it's a good time and makes great use of the Wiimote.

I'll nab Broken Sword once it's cheap. Indiana Jones is up there since Fate of Atlantis is included.

I've gotten burned on blind budget buys though so now I do my research first. As long as you make a mental note and look up some reviews/gameplay vids before buying any Wii game you'll never be disappointed with your purchases. :)

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
As long as you make a mental note and look up some reviews/gameplay vids before buying any Wii game you'll never be disappointed with your purchases. :)

Isn't this applicable to every game purchase?

The Drizzle

Whip's Subordinate
I've gotten burned on blind budget buys though so now I do my research first. As long as you make a mental note and look up some reviews/gameplay vids before buying any Wii game you'll never be disappointed with your purchases. :)

My friend sent me a link to a gameplay video at giantbomb.com which is the only reason I know about it. And the $30 pricetag helped as well.

Metal Slugnuts

Faggotier
Isn't this applicable to every game purchase?

Yeah but the Wii is so hot or cold that it's always a must, kind of like the old PS1 budget games. Some were classic and some were utter garbage.

On a system like the OG Xbox platform exclusives were generally of high quality even if they weren't from a major developer. Even some licensed games (Batman Begins, King Kong, Riddick, etc.) were of enjoyable quality. I can generally pick up any non-licensed/sports OG Xbox title and know what to expect.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Talk to me about the control scheme in punchout.

Lets just hijack this thread.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
You can do either NES style controls, Wii Boxing style, or Wii Boxing + Balance Board.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
endless ocean.

i been playing all sorts of shit since the usb loader came about.l

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
That's how Cate West was for me: shit on the outside, hella fun on the inside. You have to play it in pieces (and it's not an epic RPG/etc. or anything) but it's a good time and makes great use of the Wiimote.

I'll nab Broken Sword once it's cheap. Indiana Jones is up there since Fate of Atlantis is included.

My wife played Cate West and it was pretty decent but it suffers from the same problem that Word Jong does and that is you need to be within about eight feet of the tv for the wiimote to pick up.

Both games are published by a company here in MN, so I called them up to ask them about it and they told me that the same company made both games and they would look into this problem in the future. I have a big tv and sitting that close to it, just doesn't work.

Metal Slugnuts

Faggotier
My wife played Cate West and it was pretty decent but it suffers from the same problem that Word Jong does and that is you need to be within about eight feet of the tv for the wiimote to pick up.

Both games are published by a company here in MN, so I called them up to ask them about it and they told me that the same company made both games and they would look into this problem in the future. I have a big tv and sitting that close to it, just doesn't work.

Yeah I wouldn't notice that problem in my tiny apartment playing on my tiny TV. :tickled:

On the budget tip I really liked the Fishing Master games.