Red Dawn remake

Tokyo

JapheiBANNED
The idea of a Red Dawn remake makes me sick.

WOLVERINES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
....becacuse all these other remakes are doing so well...
cough... Total Recall flop

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
thats been in the works for a while.

the original enemy used to be the chinese then they palate swapped in n. koreans because we owe china money, lol.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
This remake doesn't look too bad...and I am usually not a fan of recycled movie ideas.

IoriYagami n8

Genjuro's Frog
This doesn't look good. The original Red Dawn was great because it built on the tension of the Cold War and played off of the fear of invasion. It wasn't over the top on action sequences, a super weapon, or any other such nonsense.

This one doesn't have the benefit of playing on any current climate, and the inclusion of some kind of special weapon to justify the success of an invasion is ridiculous and changes the whole feel of the movie. It's not about a group of teenagers fighting desperately to defend their home so much as it is a group of teenagers trying to steal a secret weapon for the US military.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
I'm only interested if Will Ferrell or William Shatner is in it

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
you all know the movie was finished in 2010 and has had a bunch of problems getting released, right?

Eric

Fight On!,
The only remake we needed was the Grey Dawn episode of South Park.

PS: How many years until they remake Harry Potter?

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Freedom Fighters is the only modern day "remake" of Red Dawn worth a shit.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
The only remake we needed was the Grey Dawn episode of South Park.

PS: How many years until they remake Harry Potter?

Harry Potter remake wouldn't be so bad.. if it was done Wayans Brothers style w/ a black Harry Potter

Sherlin

Natural Born Killer,
15 Year Member
Actually I can't think of even one remake worth a damn. I'll still redbox this tho.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I'm not even going to bother with the trailer on this one.

Anyhow, how are we supposed to have a Red Dawn if the Soviets are no more? Invaded by Cuba on their own? China?

edit: Never mind. I just read the villains will be the North Koreans. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA That is no more believable than the Cubans. How the fuck is North Korea supposed to invade us? Just the idea of it is so stupid, it's insulting. I don't know whether to feel contempt or pity for anyone who goes to watch this. Have some fucking self respect.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
I'm not even going to bother with the trailer on this one.

Anyhow, how are we supposed to have a Red Dawn if the Soviets are no more? Invaded by Cuba on their own? China?

edit: Never mind. I just read the villains will be the North Koreans. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA That is no more believable than the Cubans. How the fuck is North Korea supposed to invade us? Just the idea of it is so stupid, it's insulting. I don't know whether to feel contempt or pity for anyone who goes to watch this. Have some fucking self respect.

it was originally china.

then we owed china lol-dollars. then the movie people pussied out after it was filmed (they thought it would offend china). n korean palate swap post production. boom. thats where the lulz are.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
it was originally china.

then we owed china lol-dollars. then the movie people pussied out after it was filmed (they thought it would offend china).
China should be offended they were left out of the original.

Shawn Carr2o

6200|!!|Drillslug Driver
No Patrick Swayze or Charlie Sheen = no good

A remake eeewwwwww!!!

What next a Maximum Overdive or a Men at Work remake? :oh_no: :spock:

achibimarukochan.jpg

Last edited: