Relatively Simple Question About Getting A New White PSP (no go)

FortNinety

n00b
So I want to get a new PSP (a regular model, no Go for me thanks), and have long wanted a white one. It always seemed to me that the only real option was to import one from Japan; I know a white model was released in America, but with a stupid Darth Vader head on the battery cover.

But then I discovered that Assassin's Creed pack and noticed that it wasn't silver like I had naturally assumed. So my question is this: should I go with one of those instead? Is it the same one that's sold in Japan? And there's no stupid AC logo on the back that I don't know about, is there?

Also, what's the state of dead pixels with the machine these days? I recall it being a HUGE problem when the handheld first came out years ago, but haven't heard any complains these days. Then again, haven't exactly been paying attention either.

Logicdustbin

Sieger's Squire
So I want to get a new PSP (a regular model, no Go for me thanks), and have long wanted a white one. It always seemed to me that the only real option was to import one from Japan; I know a white model was released in America, but with a stupid Darth Vader head on the battery cover.

But then I discovered that Assassin's Creed pack and noticed that it wasn't silver like I had naturally assumed. So my question is this: should I go with one of those instead? Is it the same one that's sold in Japan? And there's no stupid AC logo on the back that I don't know about, is there?

Also, what's the state of dead pixels with the machine these days? I recall it being a HUGE problem when the handheld first came out years ago, but haven't heard any complains these days. Then again, haven't exactly been paying attention either.

you could get the SW model and grab a new battery cover:

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1567

FortNinety

n00b
So does it match the system flawlessly? I know with third party GBA slot covers for white DS Lites, they're always slightly off. Plus, do they even still sell the SW model anymore, brand new? I'd rather not bother with a used system to be honest.

Studioaudience

Crazed MVS Addict
The one with vader isnt so bad why wouldnt you want one rocking vader on the back? James Earls Jones is a badass.