Removing wires from a JAMMA / MVS harness

chewurface

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
The stereo in my cab is reversed. Originally I was just going to swap the + wires on the speakers as they're just connected with spade connectors, but it turns out that they aren't long enough. I was thinking about just extending the wire that is too short to reach the other speaker, but then I thought about just swapping them at the harness, but the problem is I don't know if there is a way to get the two + wires out of the harness to switch them around.

I've seen tools for inserting the pins / wires in to a similar harness, but not for removing. Any suggestions?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Use a small precision screwdriver to push the lock pin down on the back side. Then pull it out and pop the lock pin back out and insert it into the desired slot on the harness.

chewurface

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Awesome! Thanks a bunch!

I'll give that a shot over the weekend. :D

buaku

Hardened Shock Trooper
I ended up buying the removal tool. It made things easier for me. All it is is a flat piece of metal that's shaped just right anyway. It was a molex tool I got from either mouser or digikey.

But I also just used a nice pair of tweezers to slide into the harness to push down the tab. Took some wiggling but I eventually got it out.

chewurface

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Got the pins switched around today and my stereo is now correct!

At first I was using a really tiny jewelers screwdriver and it wasn't doing the trick, so I took an old resistor and used one of the leads and the pin popped right out.

Thanks again for the tips. :D