Replacement Bulbs

eccs19

New Challenger
I've got a Neo 4 slot, and the lights behind the coin reject buttons were not working. The number on the bulbs that were in there were "259". The local automotive place, and Radio Shack don't have that bulb. I used a pair of "168" bulbs. They do physically work, but before I leave it one for an extended period of time, I thought I would check to see if these are suitable replacements. I don't want them to get to hot and start melting anything, or just draw to much current that would be going to the game board.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
Is your light the kind with the PCB and the pink pannels that go behind the marquees? If it is, I have the same problem as you with my new 4 slot and would like to know if I can get it to work. If it is a ballast with a long light bulb than we have different problems, yours probably more easily fixable than mine. A friend of mine had troubles getting his to work inside his candy cab so he replaced the whole ballast and it works great now.

DaemoN

Camel Slug
1) Are they bayonet style or wedge style?
2) Are they 5v or 12v?

eccs19

New Challenger
DaemoN said:
1) Are they bayonet style or wedge style?
2) Are they 5v or 12v?

They are wedge style. Not sure if they are 5 or 12 volt. I just assumed they were 12 volt, but perhaps my assumption was wrong. I will have to check that.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
When a Bulb went out in my Big Red I took the bulb to Auto Zone..They sold me a set of bulbs that were exactly what I needed..

I just threw out the old package a last week as I kept it for instance such as this.

Just leave the cab on and see if they heat up to much..
I did use a set of bulbs once that I received in a coin door set-up and they got baking hot..I had to remove them..

Topic on the bulbs.
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137134&highlight=Coin+Door+Light

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
Check the current rating of the bulb... if it is less than or equal to the 259 bulb you are OK... If it is more then it will put out more light and more heat. The light is OK, but the heat can melt things in the coin door.

RJ